[NEW BUILD] 07-20-12 r19519

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
monty_burns_007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 13:36    Post subject: OpenVPN working again ! Reply with quote
monty_burns_007 wrote:
RalphMalph wrote:
Would like to know if pptp is working on 1043nd.
Anyone tried this ?

pptp vpn working on this build on 1043. Smile

OpenVPN still isn't working properly, you can connect but if I ping an IP address on the remote network node, no answer Sad

Last version on 1043 where OpenVPN worked was 18777.

Flash was succesfully without half flash problems or multi try webupdate start problems.

NAT, port forwarding worked, also dyndns, wifi,
wired, site survey, bandwidth monitor,...

connected through Wan port (with PPoE, modem as bridge)

Don't know a changelog of fixed problems.

As usual I didn't preform a reset of settings after upgrade (no nvram reset or 30/30/30). All my existing settings remained and looks like they are still working.

I must say pptp VPN setup is super easy... Especially compared to OpenVPN setup. Maybe i'll leave the OpenVPN path. Are there any differences between these 2 VPN systems ? Advantages / disadvantages ? I only want to connect remotely with a client (PC or other devices) to my remote home network location) So no router-router connections etc...
Is pptp as secure and speed as fast or faster as OpenVPN ?

With some further testing and looking into OpenVPN's log files I found a warning about MTU, I added this to my client's config file: "link-mtu 1560"
and now I can ping and connect to a remote IP LAN address. Smile

This line wasn't nescessary with versions up to r18777. So i guess something "default MTU" has changed from versions > 18777.

My only OpenVPN problem left is that I could connect to my remote LAN Home network (10.2.1.x = LAN, 10.2.2.x = LAN VPN client range) from my Work LAN network (also within 10.1.1.x range).
Now with "fixed" current release I can ping from work LAN, but no connect to ex. Home Webpages...

If I try this from a friend Internet connection (local Friend LAN's 192.168.1.x), everything is working and I can connect/view my home 10.2.1.x and 10.2.2.x devices)

How do i force my OpenVPN client at work to use my home OpenVPN dd-wrt server as default DNS/gateway ?
Sponsor
aceror
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
NEA wrote:
aceror wrote:
moonspirit wrote:
Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N
"Wifi channel: unknown"

set channel in [Administracion]-[commands]- and save in startup.

write into the box
iwconfig ath0 channel x

now shows the channels right, but still does not associate. Under "Wireless Nodes" at [Status]-[Wireless] the connection is flapping.

Because this appears to be a problem at the wireless driver level that dd-wrt uses, it is very doubtful that a startup script will fix the aforementioned problems with this build.

I agree with you, I was setting 9 booters today and I have been force to use r18777. R19519 have channel probs and does not been fixed with startup script.
edrikk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Although the firmware seemed to work well on my 1043ND other than the issues reported already of:
1) Wireless Chanel is not set / shows as Unknown
2) Factory reset doesn't erase all of NVRAM values. Furthermore, it seems that the `nvram erase` command from prompt doesn't either (on my 1043ND).

Aside from that, it seemed like all was fine for about a week or so. Over the last 3 days I've hit snags with no other changes:
1) I've woken up twice to the router being frozen, requiring a power pull.
2) Wireless slowly deteriorates, to the point where some clients (when remote desktop'd to) can barely redraw the screen.

Power pull fixes both of the above.

Going back to my WRT54GL as this is not working currently....
adriandaz
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like a new release may be imminent anyway Smile (hopefully including SNMP and JFFS2 time time Smile )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hopefully, including Bandwidth Monitoring Per User
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
edrikk wrote:

2) Factory reset doesn't erase all of NVRAM values. Furthermore, it seems that the `nvram erase` command from prompt doesn't either (on my 1043ND).

'nvram erase' shouldn't be used, it should be 'erase nvram' then 'reboot'

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
edrikk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
edrikk wrote:

'nvram erase' shouldn't be used, it should be 'erase nvram' then 'reboot'

Ah! Thank you for that! Broken GUI reset is an issue though
IronGo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Can somebody tell me if PPTP server works on WNDR3700v2 and r19519?

Because i've got connection problems and don't know if it is a bug or i've got wrong settings Rolling Eyes
wenzhuo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:28    Post subject: works well on Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 Reply with quote
Seeing the current Buffalo branded version (build 19154) running on WZR-HP-G300NH2 has wifi stability issues, I upgraded to build 19519. It works well as far as the basic functions are concerned. I haven't had a chance to try the more advanced functions yet.
perryhome
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:46    Post subject: Stable Relase Reply with quote
Good day at all

i have the release 19519 on my tp-link 1043d, but it is not very stable....i need to know what is the last stable release for my router...i do not need particular features like usb, the only requirement it is to have a functionality on VPN.

Thanks
IronGo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Netgear WNDR3700v2

-> VPN Server works fine!
KSoze
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:18    Post subject: Re: works well on Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 Reply with quote
wenzhuo wrote:
Seeing the current Buffalo branded version (build 19154) running on WZR-HP-G300NH2 has wifi stability issues, I upgraded to build 19519. It works well as far as the basic functions are concerned. I haven't had a chance to try the more advanced functions yet.

What issues are you experiencing? I have been using it about two weeks on a 30Mbps/5Mbps connection and have not noticed any stability issues and I download 75% bandwidth minimum 24/7.
wenzhuo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:25    Post subject: Re: works well on Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 Reply with quote
KSoze wrote:

What issues are you experiencing? I have been using it about two weeks on a 30Mbps/5Mbps connection and have not noticed any stability issues and I download 75% bandwidth minimum 24/7.

[Buffalo branded v19154] In NG-mixed mode with channel bandwidth 40MHz or Dynamic(20/40 MHz), wifi is unstable. Sometimes no wifi signal at all after reboot, sometimes 300Mbps-capable clients cannot connect.
KSoze
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:33    Post subject: Re: works well on Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 Reply with quote
wenzhuo wrote:
KSoze wrote:

[Buffalo branded v19154] In NG-mixed mode with channel bandwidth 40MHz or Dynamic(20/40 MHz), wifi is unstable. Sometimes no wifi signal at all after reboot, sometimes 300Mbps-capable clients cannot connect.

Thanks for the information. I don't even see channel width other than 20 as an option on my 19154. I guess because I use it in B/N/G mixed mode.
Tobias Tromm
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
The error Error: mppe_decompress[1]: osize too small! still occur on this build, can someone fix it?

The error occur when using router as pptp client and has Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP connected on router.

Maybe this links can help:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=606f585e363527da9feaed79465132c0c661fd9e

or

https://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/2007-q2/msg32463.html
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: