Buffalo...wzr-hp-ag300h question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
fadyalislam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 17:52    Post subject: Buffalo...wzr-hp-ag300h question Reply with quote
hi everyone
i bought this ap.i ask if i can increase the power of it . if this available pls show me how
by default tx power =20dbm
antenna gain = zero
pls show me the correct informations
thanks for help
Sponsor
fadyalislam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 19:40    Post subject: Please Reply with quote
Please Help Meeeee. I really Wanna help
Corsair1274
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same router. Here is the wiki, it says you should not go higher than 30 for the tx rate due to the built in amp. This page will explain all of it-------------> http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Advanced_wireless_settings
Corsair1274
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another page with good information----->http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless-N_Configuration
fadyalislam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:03    Post subject: Still >>Need Help Reply with quote
thanks i knew half information >>but i still don't know how to increase the tx power.By the way i increase it fron advance wireless setting manually
but in sys-info the tx power still 15and17 dbm
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:04    Post subject: pay attention Reply with quote
@fadyalislam:
Dude, you posted into the Spanish forum. I´ve moved your post to the English forum.

On the other hand, you cannot increase the power of a equipment over its hardware capabilities. For the latest Buffalo HP, 100mW is the standard...

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04    Post subject: So So Sorry Reply with quote
sorry for posting at the wrong section
>>>>>>>>
yes i knew it's 100Mw.Or 20dbm
since 100mw=20dbm
but i can't increase it to 20 or 18 yet
>>>>>>
thanks for help and waiting your help
Corsair1274
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Right now I do not have 20, I have 16 for 2.4 and 19 for 5. I will let you know if I find anything new I am still trying to find ways to increase it. By the way, I am using the firmware from the Brainslayer. It increased the wireless for me from 14. Here is the link for it--------> ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/

It is the latest firmware I only use firmwares from here now instead of waiting for Buffalo to release them.
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 13:51    Post subject: Re: So So Sorry Reply with quote
fadyalislam wrote:
but i can't increase it to 20 or 18 yet
>>>>>>
thanks for help and waiting your help

Are you with 16dBm? Different story.
What build do you have? the old builds had an issue with some sort of power regulation this chipset has. Try the latest alpha from Buffalo, then set antenna gain to 0 and play with antenna chains. And if you want max power over all other things, set it to G mode only, or B mode only. Avoid N and/or mixed modes.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgrade to build 19342. Wireless is improved in this build and I notice other improvements as well. Here is the direct link to the build---------> ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/06-08-12-r19342/buffalo_wzr-hp-ag300h/
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also keep in mind with these Atheros hp buffalo units, most of the time that the status is reporting 16 or 17dBm its before the signal goes thru the 'high power' on board amp, so once you factor in the amp boost and the antenna boost (yes even those little panel antennas have some gain) that you would then be @ 20dBm + .

I have 3 different Atheros buffalo units that only one of them report the 20dBm when i set it in the advanced settings, the wzr-hp-g300nh - my other 2 buffalo units, the whr-hp-g300n and wzr-hp-ag300h don't report 20dBm when i set it to that. And when i emailed buffalo in regards to this matter, they told me what i told you, that the Txpower is measured pre-signal amp and pre-antenna boost, so that is why it reports like that.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Corsair1274
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Buddee thanks for your help. I decided to try and install optware and it worked but I could not ssh into the router (wzr-hp-ag300h) after the install unless I removed that startup command in the guide. This is using the guide from here----> http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86912&highlight=wzrhpag300h
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Corsair1274 wrote:
Buddee thanks for your help. I decided to try and install optware and it worked but I could not ssh into the router (wzr-hp-ag300h) after the install unless I removed that startup command in the guide. This is using the guide from here----> http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86912&highlight=wzrhpag300h

I don't use optware, so i may be of no help there, but viewing the start script in the guide - i don't see why ssh wouldn't work because in the startup script, i didn't even see any reference to ssh in the scripts, mainly mount references.

After installing optware, you do still have webgui access? And if so - are you going in and disable ssh, apply - then re-enable ssh, apply, then re-try?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Corsair1274
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
SSH is enabled, but it does not recognize my password. If I remove the startup script and reboot, then I can login to the router again through SSH. I will go over everything again and see if I made any mistakes.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think you made any mistakes, after re-visiting the thread, it appears that were not alone, and no resolve was found for it...

From reading in there it would appear that what i thought would happen - did. Optware on dd-wrt Atheros uses openwrt repository for its packages, the ulibc eventually was updated in dd-wrt, not in openwrt, so the same packages and configs that worked fine once before, won't now. I don't know if there is any workaround for it either, will have to research more on it.

Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: