WRT54GL with external amp. signal issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Gerber
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gerber, I have a WRT54GL 1.1 in a tiny enclosure on top of a 130ft tower @ 150mw right now, been stable for a week or so now with 100-108*F temperatures. I'd hate to think of what it is in that case right now.[/quote]

Are you using heatsinks on the chipset as in similair operating conditions we experienced several problems when using it on top of a schools boiler stack in about 100* temps. It is really good to here that you are so lucky if infact your router is not running sinks and I would be very interested in knowing how long the thing lasts under those conditions.
Sponsor
0ldman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
its in a steel weatherproof case painted gloss white, no heatsink, nothing fancy at all. Stable for 7 days now, but little traffic, its still in testing.

Temps around here have been over 100 for days, 108 for a high several days since we put it up, no issues so far. Every time I've stopped by to test it, its still up.

I'm still curious about the noise floor issue myself. I didn't test the one on the tower with any traffic.

Navigation

Jump to: