Port Forwarding How Too for DD-WRT v23 SP1,2,& 3

Natas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:49    Post subject: Port Forwarding How Too for DD-WRT v23 SP1,2,& 3 Reply with quote
OK to open a port to a spacific IP in your network here is how i got it to work for me running DD-WRT v23 SP1,2,&3 works everytime.

#1. go to you Port Forwarding tab
#2. click ADD
#3. you will get empty boxes to enter the Application,Port from,Protocol IP Address,Port to,& Enable box.(you will want to add info at this time but don't) just Click Save Settings.
#4. now you can fill out all the the info needed to open the port to the application & IP the needs it open.after the info fields are all filled Click Save Settings again and you are done.

Follow instructions #2-4 for each application you need a port forwarded

i have tested this on SP1,2,& 3 i works every time for me.let me know if this has helped you.
Sponsor
cyberde
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I always do the folowing and it has never failed:
#1. Go to you Port Forwarding tab
#2. Click ADD
#3. Enter the information
#4. Hit save

Repeat step 2 as many times as needed eg 5 times for 5 forwards. After that continue with step 3 and 4.

Donater
Natas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I always do the folowing and it has never failed:
#1. Go to you Port Forwarding tab
#2. Click ADD
#3. Enter the information
#4. Hit save

i tried it this way but after i put in all the info and hit save it goes back to empty boxes that is when i started with my above method and have had zero problems.

i think you may be using an older firmware than ver DD-WRT v23.because this issue didn't start happening to me untill i upgraded to ver DD-WRT v23.
cyberde
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Uhm, as stated in my signature I'm using the latest v24 firmware... Which has exactly the same interface as v23 SP3.

Donater
punker_4_real
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 18:27    Post subject: Re: Port Forwarding How Too for DD-WRT v23 SP1,2,& 3 Reply with quote
Natas wrote:
OK to open a port to a spacific IP in your network here is how i got it to work for me running DD-WRT v23 SP1,2,&3 works everytime.

#1. go to you Port Forwarding tab
#2. click ADD
#3. you will get empty boxes to enter the Application,Port from,Protocol IP Address,Port to,& Enable box.(you will want to add info at this time but don't) just Click Save Settings.
#4. now you can fill out all the the info needed to open the port to the application & IP the needs it open.after the info fields are all filled Click Save Settings again and you are done.

Follow instructions #2-4 for each application you need a port forwarded

i have tested this on SP1,2,& 3 i works every time for me.let me know if this has helped you.

i found that Vista (may show up on some XP computers with upnp enabled) that you can do port forwarding in windows

Capture2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.85 KB
 Viewed:  9225 Time(s)

Capture2.JPG

Capture1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  99.71 KB

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.15 KB

Capture.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: