WBR2-G54S wireless not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sami
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 21:49    Post subject: WBR2-G54S wireless not working Reply with quote
Hi ...

Flashed Buffalo's WBR2-G54S to DD-WRT ... No problems there and the normal LAN side works just fine. Using the latest stabile version (?), 23 SP1 (dd-wrt.v23_sp1_standard, 16-05-06).

However, I cannot get the wireless working no matter what I do ...

I have otherwise default settings, I have just changed the SSID name. So SSID broadcast is on, security is off and so on. And naturally wireless network mode is "Mixed" meaning that is on in the first place ..

WBR box has been rebooted after the upgrade, but I cannot get the WIRELESS led on at the WBR's front panel. And neither does my laptop find any wireless networks around. Used to work before putting the DD-WRT in.

Ideas?

So like mentioned, I see no Wireless light in front panel, but however the the red DIAG light is on (which I read elsewere that is normal?) and also the AOSS (yellow) light..
Sponsor
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try to upgrade to latest SP2. Also check if you router is detected as Buffalo (Info page or Status Router page)
Wireless led works only when there is some data transfer in progress.
sami
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
Try to upgrade to latest SP2.

Isn't SP2 still alpha..?

I do not know how and why, but I got the system working. I reseted back to factory settings, rebooted the box once and it worked now. Strange that I had already done those before and it didn't start to work then ... Confused

Anyway, receiving the signal now just fine with all security settings on etc. I would consider the signal to be much better now than with original Buffalo's firmware - I had some problems with signal strenth with it previously.

One bug in the control panel software with Firefox though.. (works with IE). When I try to set new settings for WLAN from page Wireless->Basic settings, pressing "save settings", all I get is a blank page and nothing happens. On IE this works just normally so I suspects its some javascript error what the GUI seems to use a lot ..?
pagedude
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, I have a WBR2-G54, and it is working fine (wired and wireless) with V23SP2 5Jun06 build, as well as several other V23SP2 builds.

FWIW, in my opinion, the earlier V23SP2 builds (5Jun06 through 15Jun06) are production quality, and better than V23SP1-Final.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: