E2500 speed issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
SM.Booth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:39    Post subject: E2500 speed issues Reply with quote
hello,

after reading the peacock thread and not really finding anything relating directly to the issues i am experiencing after a few hours of forum searching and surfing i am making this post if i have somehow missed the solution please forgive me and just bail me out with a link.

The problem: my E2500 seems to kill my speed i have a 100 mb connection and the speedtest directly from my ISP when using a direct modem connection is approx 103 but through my router the best i get is 60 or so.
QoS and any other potentially limiting factors are disabled. ive defaulted and tried a 30-30-30 reset.
this has been happening as long as i can remember. not 100 percent sure but i don't remember it happening on a mini build but cannot be certain, and would really prefer to use a mega build

i have checked and verified it doesn't appear to be a RAM issue. also tried overclocking it for a short while from 300 to 400 MHz with no fix either.

The hard/Firm Ware
Linksys E2500
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/11/14) mega - build 25628

I am really tearing my hair out(or at least i would be if i wasn't bald)

Any help would be most appreciated.
Sponsor
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
What are your speeds with stock firmware?
SM.Booth
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
unsure haven't been on stock firmware in ages. to be more clear I have always used DD-WRT so i would not have had stock firmware at this rate plan. however i do know that when i did upgrade to this speed plan from my isp (approx two years ago) i was getting full speeds
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would suggest backing up your configuration, flashing back to stock firmware to test, then go back to DD-WRT if you choose. From what I gather, DD-WRT isn't the best for raw speed, but it works well balancing loads and simultaneous connections. Stock firmware should be the fastest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: