How do I add WPA2 Support in client mode?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
GVR1138
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 18:51    Post subject: How do I add WPA2 Support in client mode? Reply with quote
I need DD-WRT to connect non-WPA2 Enterprise devices (Wii, Blu-Ray Player, guest users) to a University network that runs 802.1x w. WPA2 Enterprise security and requires a one-time browser-based registration/login.

I flashed the firmware, everything looks good, except it was only then that I found out that "client mode" does not support WPA2 Enterprise (I did read the "big 4" posts, but to be honest, I never thought this might be an issue, so I wasn't paying particular attention to that).

At this point in the process, I have two questions that have me stumped:

1. Did I pick the right "size" build (13064 micro) for my router? The wiki lists its Flash Memory at 2 MB, but the system info says it has 5.7 (with 8 MB of RAM) Should I go with a larger one? Would some of the heavier builds give me the functionality I need "out of the box"?

2. What's up with ipkg/opkg? I was not able to install the supplicant package that would let me use WPA2 Enterprise in Client Mode - is the information on this wiki page http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Ipkg and this external page (http://blog.jozjan.net/2008/12/wrt54gl-as-8021x-client-aka.html) accurate vis-a-vis package repository sharing between DD-WRT and OpenWRT? Neither command worked for me (the packages are ready to go on my computer).

Once this is all said and done, my plan is to set the router up in Client Mode; use MAC Address Cloning to circumvent the browser login (I'll use the address from a defunct laptop I registered on there); and finally, connect these other devices to the router via Ethernet - does anyone here spot any flaws further along in my plan?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: