ip6tables Script for TunnelBroker.net

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
JAMESMTL
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ SirSilentBob

I wouldn't put firewall rules in a startup script as there are certain events that could cause the script to not be run when needed. See http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Execution

I would place firewall rules in the webif firewall commands or create .wanup or .ipup script.

FWIW the script I am not a fan of is the firewall script on page 1 of this thread, my reasons are listed further down. In addition to using the webif to create a HE tunnel many scripts can do the same including my universal tunnel script. If a user is going to use a script, my preference is for the script the user creates himself as it allows the user to experiment, tinker, and learn.
Sponsor
SirSilentBob
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
JAMESMTL wrote:
@ SirSilentBob

I wouldn't put firewall rules in a startup script as there are certain events that could cause the script to not be run when needed. See http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Execution

I would place firewall rules in the webif firewall commands or create .wanup or .ipup script.

FWIW the script I am not a fan of is the firewall script on page 1 of this thread, my reasons are listed further down. In addition to using the webif to create a HE tunnel many scripts can do the same including my universal tunnel script. If a user is going to use a script, my preference is for the script the user creates himself as it allows the user to experiment, tinker, and learn.

Thanks. And I agree, I definitely learn more by editing and making scripts and changing code myself than just copy and pasting. I am in the progress now of editing a script I found that updates the HE endpoint address. I'm doing this because I am already currently using the webif to keep a different domain name up to date. The script I found is using an external website to grab the wan ip, I'm in the process of changing it to use 'nvram get wan_ipaddr" instead, just to make it simpler and more compact.

Netgear R6700 (Un-opened with stock. My backup/emergency router if the R7000 takes a dump...)

2x Buffalo WHR-HP-GN 28493 (Used for 2.4 Ghz bridge when needed.)

Asus WL-500g Premium (1x v1 & 1x v2) (Still have, but retired for now.)

1x Linksys WRT54G v8 >>DD-WRT v24SP1 (The other routers needed something to point at and make fun of.)
gbonny
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
SirSilentBob, as an alternative, or maybe later if you like to try, you can change to dnsomatic.com .

You configure your router at Setup-DynDNS to inform dnsomatic about your current IP.

Then you configure at dnsomatic.com what sites need to know your (new) ip. Like it updates your HE endpoint and your DDNS at afraid.org and even more sites. Thats what I did recently. Smile

BRCM WRT320N v1.0 27858 mega K3.10 - access point
SirSilentBob
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
gbonny, Thank you for this information! I had no idea there was a dynamic dns service that would update multiple domains and network related things before. I'll definitely check it out!

Netgear R6700 (Un-opened with stock. My backup/emergency router if the R7000 takes a dump...)

2x Buffalo WHR-HP-GN 28493 (Used for 2.4 Ghz bridge when needed.)

Asus WL-500g Premium (1x v1 & 1x v2) (Still have, but retired for now.)

1x Linksys WRT54G v8 >>DD-WRT v24SP1 (The other routers needed something to point at and make fun of.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: