Strange issue using repeater function

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
wifi_is_simple
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 16:25    Post subject: Strange issue using repeater function Reply with quote
I am running dd-wrt v24 on wrt54gs v2 in repeater mode to share internet with my neighbour..

although evyerhting is working fine, i am quite amazed and curious of the following observation..\

my friend has adsl and is using linksys wag54gs as his adsl wireless router and the ssid is linksys and channel is 6

but when i do a site survey it shows ssid as Acess Point and another guys ssid which is different...and its with WEP(the stranger one not my neigbours)

my question is when i am connected to this wlan with SSID"Access Point" i am actually connected to my friends wag54gs, !! and the channel in site survey shows 11 ???!!! how cud this be possible and its not that that i am connected to another router! i can see his adsl username and password and access his gateway?

how is this possible??!!!i am NOT connected to another wifi network..i am not a noob, but i am really confused and bugged by it!!..

please some feedback!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: