OTRW2 (incl. Mypage)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
charzelo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
jk1972 wrote:
Sorry being a little bit stuborn...

Trying to install OTRW2 on my e3000 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) big - build 25697

I was stopped halfway, but after editing the prep script and correcting the ipkg-opt conf file it seems to be running again.
Then had to edit S10xinetd, because it had a blokking killall, halting my setup,
and now looks like lighttpd conguring is stopped...

Some suggestions??? Or should I not even try it, but use K3.x.......

Noticed packages got installed from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/ which seems to be quite old.

But when manually calling ipkg next url appears:
http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/brcm47xx/generic/packages/

These last packages seems to be a lot newer, so why is OTRW2 not using these packages...

Thanx!

I had the same problem before. I was stuck for days on the same error you were having. it turns out the latest kong build was giving me the issues. In the end I used this kong build to resolve the issue. http://desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/K26/r22000+/kingkong-nv60k-broadcom.bin
I hope it helps you too.
Sponsor
L36
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
charzelo wrote:
jk1972 wrote:
Sorry being a little bit stuborn...

Trying to install OTRW2 on my e3000 running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) big - build 25697

I was stopped halfway, but after editing the prep script and correcting the ipkg-opt conf file it seems to be running again.
Then had to edit S10xinetd, because it had a blokking killall, halting my setup,
and now looks like lighttpd conguring is stopped...

Some suggestions??? Or should I not even try it, but use K3.x.......

Noticed packages got installed from http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/ which seems to be quite old.

But when manually calling ipkg next url appears:
http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/brcm47xx/generic/packages/

These last packages seems to be a lot newer, so why is OTRW2 not using these packages...

Thanx!

I had the same problem before. I was stuck for days on the same error you were having. it turns out the latest kong build was giving me the issues. In the end I used this kong build to resolve the issue. http://desipro.de/ddwrt-ren/K26/r22000+/kingkong-nv60k-broadcom.bin
I hope it helps you too.

There is an issue with the latest build, once you enable USB function the router will lock up every time you go back to USB tab in the GUI and it seems that the router will not mount the storage properly. Hence the script cuts out half way through.

I'm sticking with kong 22000++, seems to work fine though I really like the new builds GUI and the fact that the GUI in the new build does not take up lots of CPU time unlike kong 22000++/+

Oh well, RT-N16 here.
Slacker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Getting Mypage's QoS classification working in 26081 required the following changes on an AC66U.

I'm new to DDWRT, so I don't know when the mark classifications changed from 10, etc, to 10240, etc.

EDIT 1/31, 7:59BRT. All fixed and working.

Edit:
/opt/www/js/qos_conntrack.js
Find and edit to these values:
Code:
function qos_rating(rating) {
  if (rating == 40960) { var id = 1; var stars = "*"; }
  else if (rating == 0 || rating == 30720) { var id = 2; var stars = "**"; }
  else if (rating == 20480) { var id = 2; var stars = "***"; }
  else if (rating == 10240) { var id = 2; var stars = "****"; }

Search for qos[0] and change the values to the ones below:
Code:
qos[0]      = " Default";
qos_col[0]  = "#ffffaa";
qos[10240]     = "Premium";
qos_col[10240] = "#99ffff";
qos[20480]     = "Express";
qos_col[20480] = "#99ff99";
qos[30720]     = "Standard";
qos_col[30720] = "#ffffaa";
qos[40960]     = "Bulk";
qos_col[40960] = "#ffaaaa";

/opt/www/body/sidebar.sh
Change
Code:
 echo "for(i=10;i<50;i=i+10)

to
Code:
 echo "for(i=10240;i<51200;i=i+10240)

/opt/scripts/wrtbwmon.sh (I suck at bash scripts)
The problem is in the two
Code:
if [ ${IN} -gt 0 -o ${OUT} -gt 0 ];  then
statements, but I don't know enough to fix this. testing with -z and assigning zero seems to break everything.
JW0914
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:57    Post subject: mypage on OpenWRT Reply with quote
This may or may not have been asked before, and if it was I've missed it while skimming hundreds of posts [unfortunate dd-wrt and openwrt don't have thread search integration], however is it possible to get mypage working using openwrt on a [Linksys] wrt ac1900? I know OTRW2 can't crossover due to it being designed for broadcom kernels, however is it possible to edit small portions of the mypage scripts to get them to work on openwrt? If it is possible, could someone please point me in the right direction of where I can research this further?
shenoyh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:51    Post subject: Optware on ext-hdd Reply with quote
I was able to successfully install Optware on Kong 2200 build on a Netgear WNDR4000 router with a WD 2 TB ext HDD.
I have optware on the first partition and using two other partitions on the HDD for NAS/backup storage.
I find that the HDD is always warm to the touch and does not appear to spin down when not in use. I am assuming that optware is the reason for this. Is there a recommendation or a configuration setting change that will allow the HDD to spin down when not in use? Or should optware installed on a separate flash drive on its own and not coexist on the same data HDD?
L36
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im having a issue of pixelserv writing to hosts.exclude

Code:
/opt/etc/init.d/S45pixelserv: line 398: /opt/etc/pixelserv/hosts.exclude: Permission
denied

Ive tried stopping and turning off the service, deleting all files in pixelserv directory. Then issuing a killall -HUP dnsmasq command and re enabling and starting the service. Constantly get that error above and pixelserv is not working. Any suggestions?
shenoyh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 15:23    Post subject: Re: Optware on ext-hdd Reply with quote
So I upgraded to a wndr4500 (from wndr4000) seeing that there does not seem to be a solution to the below other than to separate optware from the data disk.
With a WNDR4500 there are 2 USB ports and so I put a flash drive on one and the 2TB HDD on the other USB port with OTRW2 going on the flash drive.
Unfortunately it appears that there is no OTRW2 support for the Kong AC3 builds at this time and so kind of struck here. There does not appear to be a K2.6 ddwrt firmware available for the wndr4500 and the only good working K3 builds do not support full optware....

shenoyh wrote:
I was able to successfully install Optware on Kong 2200 build on a Netgear WNDR4000 router with a WD 2 TB ext HDD.
I have optware on the first partition and using two other partitions on the HDD for NAS/backup storage.
I find that the HDD is always warm to the touch and does not appear to spin down when not in use. I am assuming that optware is the reason for this. Is there a recommendation or a configuration setting change that will allow the HDD to spin down when not in use? Or should optware installed on a separate flash drive on its own and not coexist on the same data HDD?
coolVariable
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
So what is one to do if one's router does not have any compatible Fractal or Brainslayer builds because it is too new?

Is there an alternative to this incompatible OTRW2 stuff?

All I want is to get Asterisk and some other stuff installed and running.
X-TraxxX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 23:35    Post subject: Re: /opt/usr/sbin/service: line 31: can't create /tmp/servic Reply with quote
JW0914 wrote:
Error following OTRW2 install [when inputting "service"]:

/opt/usr/sbin/service: line 31: can't create /tmp/services: Is a directory

Error output immediately prior to OTRW2 install completion:

grep: /opt/etc/init.d/s56unfsd: no such file or directory
grep: /opt/etc/init.d/s55portmap: no such file or directory

I received the above error upon rebooting after OTRW2 install and giving the service command. I was hoping to be able to search this thread as its 60 pages long, however I'm either not looking in the right place, or the forum doesn't have thread search abilities.

I am running a Kong AC firmware for my R6300 (24200M) and wasn't aware Kong AC firmwares were not supported before installing OTRW2. So first, is the fact I'm running an AC firmware the reason for the above error? If it isn't, could someone please provide insight into what I did wrong or did not do. I followed all directions provided within the OTRW2 tutorial page and after I got this error the first time, I thought maybe I didn't do something correctly and I reformatted my thumb drive and reinstalled the 24200M firmware... only to get the error again.

I did read on the tutorial page kernel 3.x aren't supported fully, but did list around 10 or so that do work on kernel 3.x, which makes me wonder if it is the fact I'm running AC firmware. Any insight would be greatly appreciated =]

EDIT: After realizing I shouldn't have created a partition for jffs, I reformatted my thumb drive and reinstalled OTRW2 (left router off during the reformat, as I don't know how to unmount the thumb drive from the router). However, I still receive the same error when inputting services, as well as a grep error immediately before the OTRW2 install finishes. I know next to nothing about Linux, minus some very basic stuff I know from rooting and unlocking the bootloader on my Razr Maxx HD, and I figured now is as good of a time as any to learn the basics of Linux. From Googling the error, it seems [I could be way off here] like this is a permission issue, and not knowing the Linux filesystem, I don't want to go poking around with chmod without guidance if it is a permissions issue. When I attempt to navigate to the /opt/usr/sbin/service folder using ls, it returns an error that no such directory exists. Also, the UUID for /opt [sda1] has been entered into the "Mount this Partition to /opt" text box [Additional screenshot added]

Any update on a fix for this. I have run command : chmod 777 for \tmp\services\

I have the same issue when I run the service command.

(" /opt/usr/sbin/service: line 31: can't create /tmp/services: Is a directory ")

I am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) giga
(SVN revision 25697) Linux 3.10.63 #5241 Mon Dec 22 05:39:52 CET 2014 mips on Asus RT-AC66U
X-TraxxX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
coolVariable wrote:
So what is one to do if one's router does not have any compatible Fractal or Brainslayer builds because it is too new?

Is there an alternative to this incompatible OTRW2 stuff?

All I want is to get Asterisk and some other stuff installed and running.

Its a waiting game. Unless someone donates that router or they go out of there way to purchase it, it may take a some time.

You can always run asterisks on Raspberry Pi 2 Model B. They sell for 43.99 CAD
dml0099
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 17:50    Post subject: OTRW2 not working Reply with quote
I recently upgraded my Linksys e3200 from 21676 mega to 27506 mega. (Specifically, ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/07-09-2015-r27506/broadcom_K3X/dd-wrt.v24-27506_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e3200.bin) The router and wifi seem to be working fine.

I installed a USB drive on the router, which is detected and readable/writable and gets mounted at /opt.

I tried installing Optware using the instructions at:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OTRW2_%28Optware_the_right_way_Take_2%29

That wiki indicates that Kernel 3.x should work. I have confirmed that the prep script detects the 3.x kernel running on the router and downloads and runs the K3 prep script (specifically, http://dd-ware.googlecode.com/svn/otrw2/prep_k3_dd-ware)

This prep_k3_dd-ware runs and downloads/runs the following install script: http://dd-ware.googlecode.com/svn/install/install.sh

This install script grabs opkg from here: http://dd-ware.googlecode.com/svn/install/opkg

The script puts it in /opt/bin/opkg but it cannot run opkg, which is the problem. When I try to run opkg directly from the command line, I get:

root@gw0:~# /opt/bin/opkg
-sh: /opt/bin/opkg: not found

root@gw0:~# ls -l /opt/bin/opkg
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 125960 Jul 26 05:18 /opt/bin/opkg
root@gw0:~#

So opkg is there, it is just that it is not being run for some reason.

To try to diagnose, I downloaded opkg from http://dd-ware.googlecode.com/svn/install/opkg and ran file on it. That shows:

$ file opkg
opkg: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, MIPS, MIPS32 version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), corrupted section header size
$

So the "corrupted section header size" seems suspicious. Is that the reason this is not running on my router? Is there a fix?

More info from router:

root@gw0:~# uname -a
Linux gw0 3.10.83 #8927 Thu Jul 9 08:05:39 CEST 2015 mips GNU/Linux
DKW3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
sh: can't open 'install_mypage.sh'

The above is what I get when trying to install OTRW2 on my Asus RT-N16 with my Kong DD-WRT v24-sp2 build via Winscp, and I followed the troubleshooting suggested by basmaf the DD-WRT Guru in response to someone who had the very same issue.

I've had to schedule this USB installing as a side-project, because it's taking up way too much time, and I'm at my wits-end- basmaf's links MUST be dead!
JoKeRz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 19:54    Post subject: Re: /opt/usr/sbin/service: line 31: can't create /tmp/servic Reply with quote
X-TraxxX wrote:
JW0914 wrote:
Error following OTRW2 install [when inputting "service"]:

/opt/usr/sbin/service: line 31: can't create /tmp/services: Is a directory

Error output immediately prior to OTRW2 install completion:

grep: /opt/etc/init.d/s56unfsd: no such file or directory
grep: /opt/etc/init.d/s55portmap: no such file or directory

I received the above error upon rebooting after OTRW2 install and giving the service command. I was hoping to be able to search this thread as its 60 pages long, however I'm either not looking in the right place, or the forum doesn't have thread search abilities.

I am running a Kong AC firmware for my R6300 (24200M) and wasn't aware Kong AC firmwares were not supported before installing OTRW2. So first, is the fact I'm running an AC firmware the reason for the above error? If it isn't, could someone please provide insight into what I did wrong or did not do. I followed all directions provided within the OTRW2 tutorial page and after I got this error the first time, I thought maybe I didn't do something correctly and I reformatted my thumb drive and reinstalled the 24200M firmware... only to get the error again.

I did read on the tutorial page kernel 3.x aren't supported fully, but did list around 10 or so that do work on kernel 3.x, which makes me wonder if it is the fact I'm running AC firmware. Any insight would be greatly appreciated =]

EDIT: After realizing I shouldn't have created a partition for jffs, I reformatted my thumb drive and reinstalled OTRW2 (left router off during the reformat, as I don't know how to unmount the thumb drive from the router). However, I still receive the same error when inputting services, as well as a grep error immediately before the OTRW2 install finishes. I know next to nothing about Linux, minus some very basic stuff I know from rooting and unlocking the bootloader on my Razr Maxx HD, and I figured now is as good of a time as any to learn the basics of Linux. From Googling the error, it seems [I could be way off here] like this is a permission issue, and not knowing the Linux filesystem, I don't want to go poking around with chmod without guidance if it is a permissions issue. When I attempt to navigate to the /opt/usr/sbin/service folder using ls, it returns an error that no such directory exists. Also, the UUID for /opt [sda1] has been entered into the "Mount this Partition to /opt" text box [Additional screenshot added]

Any update on a fix for this. I have run command : chmod 777 for \tmp\services\

I have the same issue when I run the service command.

(" /opt/usr/sbin/service: line 31: can't create /tmp/services: Is a directory ")

I am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/22/14) giga
(SVN revision 25697) Linux 3.10.63 #5241 Mon Dec 22 05:39:52 CET 2014 mips on Asus RT-AC66U

I haven't read the whole thread here but did notice you guys faced the same problem with services script that I did so I decided to share my version of it. Use at your own risk:

FIXES:
    - script tries to list all available init.d scripts into a /tmp/services file however some versions of DD-WRT already have a /tmp/services directory created. Fix renames the file the script tries to create to "/tmp/services.list"
    - script uses "ps -ef" to get list of processes however the ps version in DD-WT is a minimal version using busybox and does not have the "e" and "f" directives. Fixed script to use simple "ps" instead

File is attached.

I also uploaded to my server so it can be easily retrieved from within DD-WRT by going into it via SSH or telnet and running:

Code:
cp -p /opt/usr/sbin/service /opt/usr/sbin/service.original
wget -O /opt/usr/sbin/service  "http://jokerzbox.net/OTRW2/service"

service.txt
 Description:
Version with some fixes. Use at your own risk.

Download
 Filename:  service.txt
 Filesize:  5.22 KB
 Downloaded:  626 Time(s)

Paint
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 13:18    Post subject: Re: OTRW2 not working Reply with quote
dml0099 wrote:
I recently upgraded my Linksys e3200 from 21676 mega to 27506 mega. (Specifically, ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/07-09-2015-r27506/broadcom_K3X/dd-wrt.v24-27506_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e3200.bin) The router and wifi seem to be working fine.

I installed a USB drive on the router, which is detected and readable/writable and gets mounted at /opt.

I tried installing Optware using the instructions at:

That wiki indicates that Kernel 3.x should work. I have confirmed that the prep script detects the 3.x kernel running on the router and downloads and runs the K3 prep script (specifically, http://dd-ware.googlecode.com/svn/otrw2/prep_k3_dd-ware)

This prep_k3_dd-ware runs and downloads/runs the following install script: http://dd-ware.googlecode.com/svn/install/install.sh

This install script grabs opkg from here: http://dd-ware.googlecode.com/svn/install/opkg

The script puts it in /opt/bin/opkg but it cannot run opkg, which is the problem. When I try to run opkg directly from the command line, I get:

root@gw0:~# /opt/bin/opkg
-sh: /opt/bin/opkg: not found

root@gw0:~# ls -l /opt/bin/opkg
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 125960 Jul 26 05:18 /opt/bin/opkg

So opkg is there, it is just that it is not being run for some reason.

To try to diagnose, I downloaded opkg from http://dd-ware.googlecode.com/svn/install/opkg and ran file on it. That shows:

$ file opkg
opkg: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, MIPS, MIPS32 version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), corrupted section header size
$

So the "corrupted section header size" seems suspicious. Is that the reason this is not running on my router? Is there a fix?

More info from router:

root@gw0:~# uname -a
Linux gw0 3.10.83 #8927 Thu Jul 9 08:05:39 CEST 2015 mips GNU/Linux

I am having the same problem on the latest Kong build (9/7/15) on my R8000. I reverted back to my original OPKG script.
jackerbes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 21:03    Post subject: E4200V1 - OTRW2 script install? Reply with quote
I have an E4200V1 running nicely on dd-wrt.v24-29739_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv60k.bin. I started with a mini build and then moved up to the mega build to get the USB working.

I am following the process on the OTRW2 page here:

and trying to get OTRW2 installed.

I have the right things enabled on the DD-WRT Services/USB page and get this info from there:

Code:
--- /dev/discs/disc0/disc
Block device, size 298.1 GiB (320072933376 bytes)
DOS/MBR partition map
Partition 1: 512 MiB (536870912 bytes, 1048576 sectors from 2048)
Type 0x83 (Linux)
Ext2 file system
Volume name "Optware"
UUID E1C1F938-3029-43F9-BBBA-146B271D7F4E (DCE, v4)
Volume size 512 MiB (536870912 bytes, 131072 blocks of 4 KiB)
Partition 2: 64 MiB (67108864 bytes, 131072 sectors from 1050624)
Type 0x82 (Linux swap / Solaris)
Linux swap, version 2, subversion 1, 4 KiB pages, little-endian
Swap size 63.99 MiB (67100672 bytes, 16382 pages of 4 KiB)
Partition 3: 297.5 GiB (319467905024 bytes, 623960752 sectors from 1181696)
Type 0x83 (Linux)
Ext2 file system
Volume name "Data"
UUID E4C1C945-EF34-42F8-9F7D-9376A59E669F (DCE, v4)
Volume size 297.5 GiB (319467905024 bytes, 77995094 blocks of 4 KiB)

When I telnet into the router I am able to ping remote sites and get this info:

Code:
                       DD-WRT v3.0
                   http://www.dd-wrt.com

==========================================================

BusyBox v1.24.2 (2016-05-19 00:43:39 CEST) built-in shell (ash)

root@chickathree:~# ls
root@chickathree:~# cd /tmp
root@chickathree:/tmp# ls
TZ              dnsmasq.conf    loginprompt     resolv.dnsmasq  var
cron.d          dnsmasq.leases  mnt             root            www
crontab         etc             nvram           services
df              hosts           oet             udhcpc
disktype.dump   igmpproxy.conf  resolv.conf     udhcpc.expires
root@chickathree:/tmp# cd ..
root@chickathree:/# cd mnt
root@chickathree:/tmp/mnt# ls
disc0        disc0_part1  disc0_part2  disc0_part3
root@chickathree:/tmp/mnt#

But I cannot seem to find a place to get the OTRW2 download from when I run the prep script:

Code:
# Install script
wget -O /tmp/prep_optware http://dd-ware.googlecode.com/svn/otrw2/prep_optware
sh /tmp/prep_optware

I waited the 20 minutes and then when I press enter I get this error:

Code:
root@chickathree:~# # Install script
root@chickathree:~# wget -O /tmp/prep_optware http://dd-ware.googlecode.com/svn/
otrw2/prep_optware
Connecting to dd-ware.googlecode.com (173.194.210.82:80)
root@chickathree:~# sh /tmp/prep_optware
sh: can't open '/tmp/prep_optware'
root@chickathree:~#

Any suggestions??

Jack

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 62 of 64
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: