Linksys WRT54GS v. 1.50.5 Upgrade are failed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Kirk Fraser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 19:03    Post subject: Linksys WRT54GS v. 1.50.5 Upgrade are failed! Reply with quote
The "Upgrade are failed!" message appears when trying to upload dd-wrt.v24-13064_VINT_openvpn.bin or related .bin files to a Linksys WRT54GS v. 1.50.5 although it works well in a WRT54G. Is there a fix or do I need to get a different rounter? Thanks.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 21:31    Post subject: Re: Linksys WRT54GS v. 1.50.5 Upgrade are failed! Reply with quote
Kirk Fraser wrote:
to a Linksys WRT54GS v. 1.50.5

There is no such router....

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Kirk Fraser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps my post was confusing. The version 1.50.5 refers to the firmware, not the hardware. The router does indeed exist. I have everything including the original CD-Rom and cable. It just won't upgrade to DD-WRT.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kirk Fraser wrote:
Perhaps my post was confusing. The version 1.50.5 refers to the firmware, not the hardware. The router does indeed exist.

Yes the router exists and in many hardware versions, most of them different from each other.
So this, together with Murrkf's post, ought to give you a hint.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm sorry but being new to your forum I don't know your jargon yet. When one guy with 9096 posts says my router right in front of me doesn't exist and another guy with 5661 posts says that's a hint, I can only conclude that in your combined 14,757 posts you haven't learned a general solution to the problem nor how to write in plain clear English. Did I get the hint?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are right. It is us that can't provide clear information. Perhaps you should just leave oem firmware on the router.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: