Buffalo WZR-D1800H

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
KasperBro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to answer my own questions I've unbricked my router this way –
Process:
Sponsor
noobee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
shpitz461 wrote:
noobee, did you try the Kong build by any chance?

No - I've tried only the Brainslayer version (latest version as of 27 July 2013). So far, it has been up and running for 18 days straight with zero problem.
DaveTheNerd
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's been a lot of troubleshooting of specific routers here, so please forgive me for feeling like I lost this thread a little.

My question: what build is everyone running reliably now? I'm still on 21286 from 04/15/13.
shpitz461
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
DaveTheNerd wrote:
My question: what build is everyone running reliably now? I'm still on 21286 from 04/15/13.

Same here. It's been rock-solid, except Access Restrictions doesn't work at all.

I've been wanting to try Kong's firmware, maybe over the weekend...
noobee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
DaveTheNerd wrote:
There's been a lot of troubleshooting of specific routers here, so please forgive me for feeling like I lost this thread a little.

I've been running Brainslayer's build 22118 from 24 July 2013 for about 3 weeks now -- fits my needs with no issues so far.
turtleone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 18:11    Post subject: Re: Bricked Buffalo WZR-D1800H by Updating TRX File DD-WRT Reply with quote
labodhibo wrote:
Turtleone,
Sure it is recoverable through usb serial uart cable, you can buy nokia serial cable for $5 (Make sure it has 3.3v converter) and cut the connector side to connect to the jtag jumper(please check out the pictures in this thread).

turtleone wrote:
Hi@,

i´ve tried to update my DD-WRT Build preSP2 (19...) with the actual one from the "Router database" from Apr 2013. After the *.bin File din´t loaded in the GUI I chose the TRX file for the Fist setup.

This bricked my router!

I cant ping the router because every 12 Seconds a loop reboot.

I read in the Forum here the Router Button is the Hard-Reset Button but this didn´t work too.
I tried to TFTP via MacOSX no luck, at all.
By the way: I did a succsessfull TFTP setup with an other Model WHR-G300NV2.

But now i can´t reanimate my wzr-d1800h Modell. I tried the Firmware @Magnatron 1.1 with the Draytek Tool from @labodhibo no luck at all.

I read here over some serial hacks but no expication at all. Im confused, did anyone know what serial cabel i got to buy and how i can connect to the 4 pins near the samsung chipset?

Thankyou very much.
Hope its recovarable.

CU
Turtleone

Thx a lot to Magnetron1.1
DD-WRT User his post from
Mon Jul 08, 2013 21:38 Post subject: New Buffalo 191 unencrypted firmware

And his right firmware in the above post brings my bricked router, via Serial cabel, back to live.

I allready used this "HowTO" from this Site: http://codechief.wordpress.com/2013/06/06/de-bricking-a-buffalo-wifi-router-with-an-arduino/

But you don´t really need the arduino Board. A cheap USB 2.0 an RS232 TTL UART Module Konverter 6PIN Serial for around 10 Dollars from Ebay it fits the same.

Exclamation Problems so far: ones I have to change the RX an TX wires. Ctrl+C keep fore the time hitten till the reboot of the router, then you will get the CFE command line.
The Paralax Serial Software from here: http://learn.parallax.com/KickStart/ParallaxSerialTerminal helps me a lot, please deactivate the 10 seconds idel logout time (To find in Pref and Funktion). By the way i didn´t use the "-size" command for the renamed firmware.ram File. Exclamation

I used a TFTP Serversoftware to place the File as a Upload from here: http://www.heise.de/download/tftp-server-1148120.html SolarWinds.com the manufacure.

Thx for the help! CU... Smile
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish I could get a build on mine. I'd like to set it up as a client bridge. Can that be done with the factory firmware?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 23:46    Post subject: @Malachi - use this DD-WRT Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I wish I could get a build on mine. I'd like to set it up as a client bridge. Can that be done with the factory firmware?

Hello Malachi,

I did the same like you, to use WZR1800H as a Wlan Client. (Bridge Mode). I tried to connect it via WPS in both bands 20 and 40 Mhz with a Fritz-Box (With WPS Key and with Push). It didn´t work! I put the a fix WLAN-Channel e.g. 10 and the same SSID with the same WPA2 Key from the Master-Router.
I deactivated the AC Band in the Buffalo Firmware.
G and N Standar at the 20Mhz Range are working with the most routers. The Buffalo Firmware didn´t worked for me in multiple case so I used the attached File.

Exclamation After a Update with this Firmware over the GUI Web-Interface from the Router, it worked without any new Setup, directly as a Bridge! It seems they DD-WRT took my settings from Buffalo-Firmware. Exclamation Take time for Reboot! Exclamation

I tried to connect the DD-WRT with a fixed IP my 192.168.11.2 to the ..11.1 but it didn´t worked to check the settings. Anyway my bridge is working!
So far no other Problems. Smile

working - DD-WZR1800H.bin
 Description:
Firmware

Download
 Filename:  working - DD-WZR1800H.bin
 Filesize:  17.51 MB
 Downloaded:  642 Time(s)

Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is something wrong with my router, it has some bad blocks in the memory or something, lol.
I have tried every build from Brainslayer and Kong, nothing works except stock.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
There is something wrong with my router, it has some bad blocks in the memory or something, lol.
I have tried every build from Brainslayer and Kong, nothing works except stock.

I can confirm 22200 giga working as advertised on D18000H even on 802.11AC mode.

Malachi, I was able to go from stock strait to dd-wrt with the .trx version.

Kernel 3.10.7 -

-Fractal
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Fractal. I had already tried Kong's 22200 before posting. Would your version be different? i can try it when i get home from work.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Thanks Fractal. I had already tried Kong's 22200 before posting. Would your version be different? i can try it when i get home from work.

yep the .trx is up on basmaf's ftp

-Fractal
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fractal I couldn't find a 22200 build for the wzr-d1800h nor a giga build on basmaf's tfp, but I'd did find a 222080 build for it. Will try it shortly.
Tried to boot the wzr-d1800h multi through GUI and got the "invalid image" message will try it with tftp.

I can't find a giga build. Could you link me to it please?

Last edited by Malachi on Thu Aug 22, 2013 23:09; edited 1 time in total
basmaf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Fractal I couldn't find a 22200 build for the wzr-d1800h nor a giga build on basmaf's tfp, but I'd did find a 222080 build for it. Will try it shortly.
Tried to foot the wzr-d1800h multi through GUI and got the "invalid image" message will try it with tftp.

I can't find a giga build. Could you link me to it please?

ftp://ftp.basmaf.com/Fractal_Builds/22208/WZR-D1800H_MULTI.trx
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Basmaf. Tried that one already. Same outcome.
I was looking specifically for 222000 gag build but I figured that's what he meant.

Navigation

Jump to: