Is ASUS RT-N10U a good buy ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
FKuyt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 22:57    Post subject: Is ASUS RT-N10U a good buy ? Reply with quote
Hello, Im thinking about buying this router because of it is 32MB RAM and 8MB Flash, plus the fact that is compatible with Tomato and Dd-Wrt.
In specifications and compatibility with alternatives firmwares it seems an excellent choice. What about experiences ? Do you recommend me to buy this router ?
Sponsor
messerchmidt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
no its not, i would not go below an rt-n16 at the moment with asus
FKuyt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is going to cost me around 120 dollars (im buying it through Ebay, here in Argentina prices are incredibly expensive).
RT-N10U would cost me 60 dollars on the other hand. What is the problem with the router ? with both Tomato and latest dd-wrt firmware it performs badly ?
For 69.99 dollars I can buy a LINKSYS WRT54GS V3 modded with Broadcom BCM5352 Flash 8MB RAM 64MB.

Thanks for your answer !
messerchmidt
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
see if a seller on amazon.com will ship to you.

I had some trouble with the asus routers in the past. Apparently with DDWRT they work properly, but not with the stock firmware.

the RT-N10U is a very very basic router as it only has 10/100mb ethernet and 150mb wireless-n lite. if that is all you need its sufficient, if you need more (and can afford it), then go for more.
FKuyt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I dont need more and Im only going to use it with Tomato or Dd-wrt, not stock firmwares.
Anyone that can confirm that with alternative firmwares, this router works well ?
MrAlvin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi FKuyt, did you ever get one of these routers?

I need a couple of WiFi bridges. They only need to be able to run some 10Mbps data streams, so I think this router may do fine.

Either way, I have ordered four of these routers, and they should arrive sometime next week. So in a week or two, I'll start experimenting with this router.
madman999
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
this may not help the original poster but i have seen many Asus dd-wrt compatible routers advertised for pretty low prices after mail in rebate from this company-the mail in rebate is direct from Asus. seems to be available every month

here us a search on the entire lineup

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/deepsearch_v3.asp?scriteria=asus+router&FilterCatID=

here is the asus rebate details

https://asus.4myrebate.com/?oc=ASU-10914

fyi, this is not an endorsement on any router or guarantee on how it will work with dd-wrt. some are obviously better or worse than others. go with the best one you can afford-in time and money.
toufiq47
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:02    Post subject: transmission Reply with quote
hi
can i use transmission in this router ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: