Official Buffalo dd-wrt 19152 for WZR-HP-G300NH v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
fyi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 21:15    Post subject: Official Buffalo dd-wrt 19152 for WZR-HP-G300NH v2 Reply with quote
Has anyone tried it yet?

Here's the link to US site: http://www.buffalotech.com/support/getfile/wzrhpg300nh2-pro-v24sp2-19152-download.zip

If you haven't installed it yet you should read this dire warning from their Asia site (http://www.buffalo-asia.com/cgi-bin/support/download.cgi?country=ar&to=wzr_hp_g300nh2):

Quote:
* Once you updated to this version, 19152, you will be unable to downgrade to any older firmware including User-Friendly firmware.

I would like to hear your experience with this version of the firmware.
Sponsor
kiesa2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe who know when release this firmware version for buffalo wzr-hp-g300nh v1?Now i see only alpha version 17998.
breaker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
how come they have such a recent build of dd-wrt? and we are stuck with beta build 18666 for 3 month now...
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
pay money for buffalo hardware and they provide the software. makes sense to me.
tuananh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
the warning is scary!
gloomd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
still stuck with DD-WRT 18740.

This is official encrypted version that can't be upgrade from DD-WRT version. I'm assuming that currently there is NO way to reverse from DD-WRT to stock firmware which is the only way to professional version. Wait for the solution now.
ColoradoSteve
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 14:33    Post subject: 19152 Reply with quote
I ordered 2 WHR-HP-G300N routers from eCost. They arrived last Friday and I upgraded to the Buffalo 19152 release (hope it's a good one).

I'm not doing anything special with them - one is an AP handling PPPoE for DSL and the other is a client bridge for the TV and PS3.

AP is in the basement and the CB is on the first floor. I get pretty consistent indicated 150 Mbps on 20 MHz and 300 Mbps on 40 MHz.

The problem I'm having is that UPnP doesn't seem to be working. I can't get DLNA to work from Win7 laptop or Android tablets to the TV (replaced 2 WRT-54Gs where it worked fine). The PS3 also shows no UPnP access..

What's interesting is that if I run a cable from the Win7 PC into the CB, then DLNA works fine to the TV. Only when going through the wireless of the AP to the CB UPnP seems to stop.

Any ideas?
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
you can always change firmware using tftp method.
campigenus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
gloomd wrote:
still stuck with DD-WRT 18740.

This is official encrypted version that can't be upgrade from DD-WRT version. I'm assuming that currently there is NO way to reverse from DD-WRT to stock firmware which is the only way to professional version. Wait for the solution now.

Don't have to be stuck. If you search the forums you will find a post with a link to modded firmware, and instructions on how to use it. You flash that, and then the most recent one.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK, so I got, and flashed, the official firmware.

Just first look ... smoother than any of the others. Just a few hours of playing around with it, but so far it's all good. Definitely a keeper.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
campigenus wrote:
OK, so I got, and flashed, the official firmware.

Just first look ... smoother than any of the others. Just a few hours of playing around with it, but so far it's all good. Definitely a keeper.

Hi buddy. Thank you for your info but it is very hard for me to find the proper solution for the V2. I believe V1 has a revert file as .bin to flash from DD-WRT directly.

Current walkthroughs are from V1 yet not V2 is having any working approach.(I try my best to search)

Would you please give me some clues? Thank you very much.
campigenus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
This tread http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=146233

Look at page 4 for the instructions and a "dump" of the file that will take it to Buffalo firmware.

Good luck.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
did anyone notice that the macs under the status page are all the same for wireless, wan, and lan. also the cpu is never at 0/0/0 it is always doing some mild load.
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Indeed. Also, for me, wireless tends to refuse to come on after certain changes. Especially if I enable 40MHz channel width.

What I mean is, make changes, and save/apply, all is well. Reboot router from the interface of issue the reboot command, all is well. Power cycle router, wireless does not come up. If I connect by cable and reset wireless to "auto" followed by save/apply/power cycle all is well. Make changes and "soft reboot" all is well, and the changes take. Power cycle ... no wireless.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems like decent firmware, im waiting for some love for the v1 hardware.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: