Flashing the E3200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ivlad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:31    Post subject: Flashing the E3200 Reply with quote
Hello,

I want to flash dd-wrt on my E3200, and I landed on the wiki page with instructions for doing so:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E3200

However, this step confuses me:

Quote:
6. Wait 10 minutes until WLAN (wireless) light turns on.

Because this model has no WLAN light, as far as I can see. So how will I know how long to wait?

I've seen in the E3200 thread that the power button has more functions: it blinks when flashing, and doesn't blink when the router is fully booted. Can I assume it will stop blinking when this step is complete?

Quote:
The power led is multi-functional. It blinks differently depending on what it is doing. Basically, blinks slowly when the router is booting or being flashed. It is solid when running, and blinks quickly when doing a wps setup.

Or will it definitely be safe to continue to the next step after 10 minutes?
Sponsor
Das_OSi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could wait for the SSID "dd-wrt" to show up on your notebook and add 1 or 2 minutes of waiting, that should be safe enough.
10 Minutes are overkill, the E3200 boots up very fast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: