Help with sharing internet using ASUS RT-N13U B1 router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
ddwrt20200704
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 19:49    Post subject: Help with sharing internet using ASUS RT-N13U B1 router Reply with quote
I have an ASUS RT-N13U B1 router that I'd like to set up to share internet connection coming from my Windows 10 through its Ethernet port.

PC OS: Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1217)

DD-WRT Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14)

Source of internet connectivity is an external USB WiFi adapter.

Went through the following:

1. Reset DD-WRT to all defaults through its Web UI and then changed admin ID and password as well as enable WPA2 Personal.

2. Used regular CAT-5 cable to connect Ethernet port of PC to WAN port of RT-N13U.

3. Enabled ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) by checking the "Allow oter network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" for the external USB WiFi adapter.

That causes the Ethernet adapter's connectivity to change from "No Internet access" to "Internet access" and its IP address becomes automatically set to the static 192.168.137.1.

4. Connect a test Android device to the SSID from RT-N13U.

The test Android device shows "Connected, no internet" and assigned an IP address of 192.168.1.xxx by the router.

I'd appreciate help and pointers of what else I need to do so the test Android device can reach the Internet.

I thought what I'm trying to do is very basic that would already be asked in the past. I've not been able to find such in DD-WRT forums or in other Internet forums. Maybe I've not used the right keywords to search.

Windows 10 driver for internal WiFi NIC (Intel AC 8265) does not support hosted network. Otherwise, the built-in Mobile Hotspot is probably sufficient for me to share my internet connection.

Thanks in advance for help and pointers.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: