Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 13:05 Post subject: ASUS RT-AC5300 how to flash?
I can see that there are few people trying to install ddwrt on AC5300, and many of them experiencing problems that are left without addressing. I was able to resolve one of them (bootloop after initial flash) and I hope that more of you can share their solutions for issues they came across.
So initial flash.
1. This router contains some sort of mechanism that coverts/stores configuration even if recovery flashing is done.
2. The mechanism from my experience is always executed and may lead to unexpected errors when flashing configured Asus stock device with ddwrt.
3. To perform initial flash store the configuration (stock firmware has such possibility) just in case.
4. Do a factory reset. From stock firmware, before flash!
5. Flash ddwrt
6. Just in case do a factory reset from ddwrt again.
In the 03-28-2016-r29362 build LAN ports are not working (lates available when I tried). Don't know why yet, because "ip addr" command returns all of the lan/wan interfaces. But zerophase suggested to try older build 29114 saying that there LAN ports work. Haven't tried it yet.