WRT54GL v1.1 CL7B bricked JTAG style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
oxplot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:55    Post subject: WRT54GL v1.1 CL7B bricked JTAG style Reply with quote
I recently decided to upgrade the RAM on my WRT54GL v1.1 router. After the upgrade, I had my LAN LEDs all lit on boot and couldn't even TFTP. After disconnecting and connecting the router a good number of times, it booted! First instance of magic I encountered. So I TFTPed a Tomato firmware and it could see 32MB of the 64MB. Then I read I needed to change the sdram_init nvram settings to 0x0113. Unfortunately, I modified CFE image to do the change (misinformation mostly). So, after uploading the modified CFE using TJTAG, things went south and has been so since. I have tried the following to date to no avail:

• Erased entire flash multiple times before flashing CFE
  • 30/30/30 reset more times than I can count, at various stages
  • Shorted Pin 16 of the flash chip to ground prior to plugging power
  • Flashed just about every version of CFE for my model, from CFE collection to DD-WRT K26 version
  • Flashed the entire content of another operational WRT54GL v1.1 which I purchased at the same time, onto mine

I have verified that my flash chip is not damaged by writing it and reading it back. I expected the last action I took above to have worked. If the flash chip is the only permanent storage of these boards, then I have no explanation for what's happening here.

Can anyone shine some light on a possible way forward?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: