dd-wrt, UVerse, and streaming problems.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:03    Post subject: Re: Same here...usual fix does not work Reply with quote
germ65 wrote:
I have also tried the "famous" firewall command, to no avail. Notice the the newer 3600 firmware now allows a 24h least interval. So that shouldn't be the problem anyway.

Any suggestion welcome.

I am not sure what "famous" firewall command you are referring to, but it appears to me that you may need to "start over". When I was first configuring the 2wire modem/router, it was giving me all sorts of connection issues until I did a reset on it. Also, make sure to configure your 2wire modem/router to a different subnet than your Linksys router.

Something else to check on the 2wire modem/router is the firewall. Although you might get your Linksys router to be DMZed, some of the blocking under the "Advanced Configuration" in the firewall section could still be causing you connection issues. I turned off all of the enhanced protection and attack detection options. I have little to no issues with my 'router behind a router' configuration.

If none of the above help, you may need to "hard reset" your Linksys device. You may also need a firmware upgrade on DD-WRT as you did not mention your firmware version on that.

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
Sponsor
germ65
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 15:48    Post subject: Re: Same here...usual fix does not work Reply with quote
crashfly wrote:

I am not sure what "famous" firewall command you are referring to,

This one: iptables -I INPUT -p udp --sport 67 --dport 68 -j ACCEPT

crashfly wrote:

but it appears to me that you may need to "start over". When I was first configuring the 2wire modem/router, it was giving me all sorts of connection issues until I did a reset on it. Also, make sure to configure your 2wire modem/router to a different subnet than your Linksys router.

I have had to restart the Linksys quite often since making the switch to U-verse. Sometimes the router just won't accept connections from wireless devices. Then I need to unplug the router for a short time. I am starting to suspect hardware failure.

crashfly wrote:

Something else to check on the 2wire modem/router is the firewall. Although you might get your Linksys router to be DMZed, some of the blocking under the "Advanced Configuration" in the firewall section could still be causing you connection issues. I turned off all of the enhanced protection and attack detection options. I have little to no issues with my 'router behind a router' configuration.

I think I have done that. You can check the setup in the link I provided in the OP.

crashfly wrote:
If none of the above help, you may need to "hard reset" your Linksys device. You may also need a firmware upgrade on DD-WRT as you did not mention your firmware version on that.

Right. Firmware is v24-sp2 (04/23/10) std
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
@germ65 - For the most part, it appears that your 2wire is set correctly. I do not have the wireless enabled on my 2wire router/modem. That could be a problem, and since there are no other configuration settings for your DD-WRT router, the 192.168.1.x subnet may also be an issue (I use a 172.16.x.x range on the 2wire). Except for a netbios inbound setting on the advanced firewall (which should not matter anyway), the firewall settings appear to be good.

If you choose to change the subnet on your 2wire router, note if you are having connection issues after the change and both routers rebooted. This will indicate you need to "factory reset" your 2wire router and then do it again. If no connection problems, you are likely good with that change.

Your wireless on the 2wire router/modem is more than likely causing issues with the Linksys router (too much wireless signal from the 2wire device). Unless there is a specific reason for using the 2wire wireless, I would suggest disabling it and using your Linksys router for all wireless/wired connections.

Edit: On your firmware revision, it would be good to post the firmware build number from the status page. Determining the build from the date is very difficult.

Read! Peacock thread
germ65
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
@crashfly, thanks again for your reply.

crashfly wrote:
@germ65 - For the most part, it appears that your 2wire is set correctly. I do not have the wireless enabled on my 2wire router/modem. That could be a problem, and since there are no other configuration settings for your DD-WRT router, the 192.168.1.x subnet may also be an issue (I use a 172.16.x.x range on the 2wire). Except for a netbios inbound setting on the advanced firewall (which should not matter anyway), the firewall settings appear to be good.

I am using 192.168.1.x on the 2wire, and 192.168.2.x on the Linksys, unchanged from before. I doubt that this is an issue.

Also, I have disabled wireless on the 2wire. The issue occurs on wired connections as well...

crashfly wrote:

Edit: On your firmware revision, it would be good to post the firmware build number from the status page. Determining the build from the date is very difficult.

Here it is:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) std - build 14311
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
What kind of Linksys router do you have germ65? I looked at your previous posts and did not see that specified.

As for the wireless on your 2wire device, I only mentioned that because the picture you captured on the settings page showed that your 2wire wireless was turned on. Therefore, I was just verifying.

Depending on your Linksys router model, there could be errors and/or problems with it. It could be anything from the power supply to failing chips to a wrong setting. You may not want to hear it, but you might need to clear all of your settings (aka do a "hard reset").

The "generally" recommended firmware is still 14929. However, your mileage may vary with that advice.

Read! Peacock thread
Squawk003
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 0:38    Post subject: PS3 connection with OpenVPN Reply with quote
I just purchased a Linksys E2500V3 router and needed to connect it to my PS3 with an OpenVPN connection. I currently have a Bell Fibe Modem/Router. The Bell modem is set to act as a gateway because I have my own ASUS RT-AC68U router as my primary router. To summarize everything I have found, here is what worked for me:

ISP Bell - Set router as gateway
Router 1 - ASUS RT-AC68U
Router 2 - Linksys E2500 V3
Build - dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k

1. I first flashed with dd-wrt.v24-23569_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2500V3 (Following these instructions http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500)
2. Then I installed dd-wrt.v24-21061_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k which allowed me to enter my OpenVPN info
3. Before configuring my VPN I wanted to make sure I had internet via my PS3. Turns out I didn't. I needed to enable UPnP first. (no DMZ configuration required)
4. Then I setup my OpenVPN (ExpressVPN)

I directly connected my Linksys router to my Bell modem (Bell uses 192.168.2.1) and I didn't need to change the network because DD-WRT uses 192.168.1.1. The key thing I discovered was, even though I clicked SAVE and APPLY after each change, my changes were NOT effect until I rebooted the DD-WRT router. That is a key factor in testing. Hope this helps someone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: