The DD-WRT3700 Project

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
bdg2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
dwain_pipe wrote:
Sorry for reopening this old chain but I'm confused and am hoping for a bit of direction please.

I've got an old wndr3700 v1 with latest (but old) stock firmware.

I want to use this router as a repeater to my Linksys wrt3200acm, so understand I should flash to the right version, which I've downloaded.

Going through the stock firmware GUI I found error messages when using the wndr3700-webflash.bin or wndr3700-factory.img files.

Then I found info on TFTP for flashing from the stock firmware to a dd-wrt version. I've got TFTP running, with my laptop on a fixed IP, then I try to get the wndr3700 into recovery mode... but it doesn't want to know.

The power light goes from steady red to steady green... no flashing and no amber?????

I've tried the 30/30/30 but the same thing happens. Either a red (that turns green as the router boots) or green then then boots.

I get no reply (destination unreachable) when pinging 192.168.1.1 (although the default address for the router is 192.168.0.1, which gives General Failure).

If I try to flash with TFTP (to either address) it just waits for a bit that gives a failure error message.

I think the issue is I can't get it into recovery mode.

Again, this is a stock version 1 wndr3700.

Any advice appreciated, thank you.

As far as I remember you 1) firmly hold in the reset button, 2) apply power 3) wait until led flashes orange keep waiting (still holding reset buttin in) 4) soon led flashes green, now you can release reset button and router is at 192.168.1.1 in recovery mode.

Is that what you did?
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: