Wireless not working in v24

tiansen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:48    Post subject: Wireless not working in v24 Reply with quote
Hello!

I tried running 2007-0305, and the latest firmware (v24) too. I have WRT54GL v1.1. I always have the same problems. When switching wireless security to something else than disabled, wireless stops working. I get only TX errors. Is this a known issue with v24? I tried some recommendations in bugtracker but none works for me. Do you recommend a specific revision that works? I want to use v24 because I need virtual SSIDs.

Thank you very much for help!

Last edited by tiansen on Fri May 04, 2007 22:25; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
tiansen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I urgently need multiple SSIDs feature. Do you recommend trying Sveasoft's Talisman? Can I upgrade FW from dd-wrt directly to talisman?
madman
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have still the same problem.

You can play around with "Shortslot Override", then your WLAN will work temporary, but after a reboot, the same problem again. NO WLAN.

I am using build 6107 (05.03.2007). This is the latest stable version for my WRT54GS v1.1

-Madman
tiansen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which bug # in bugtracker is this? I want to monitor progress on this issue, because v24 is useless at the time because of this.
silversilver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same issue but found when I set a static IP wireless stops working, I would love to use some of the great features in 24 if this bug wasn't there. I didn't want to look like a thoughtless user so I donated some money for some great work Smile
heffeque
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you tried the January builds?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you also reset you router to defaults by pressing the reset button or doing a mtd erase nvram before flashing to a newer build?
Sometimes this causes the problems you're having.

Donater
tiansen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
silversilver: I don't understand you. Do you mean static IP at WAN or LAN side of router. Or something else?

heffeque: I tried also this file: dd-wrt.std.v24-6543.bin as it was suggested in one of bugtracker threads. I think this is from 2006. There was however no success.

cyberde: I think I have but I am not sure. I noticed there is new revision out as of yesterday. Now I must hold Reset button for 30 seconds and then I flash this new revision to try it out. Is this ok?

Router however works perfectly with v23 SP2 but I want to try out virtual APs.
cyberde
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
tiansen wrote:
cyberde: I think I have but I am not sure. I noticed there is new revision out as of yesterday. Now I must hold Reset button for 30 seconds and then I flash this new revision to try it out. Is this ok?

Yes that should be okay, but if you really want to make sure you could do the mtd erase nvram; reboot;

Donater
tiansen
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, I am really a moron. Embarassed My PSK was shorter than 8 chars and there is NO checking of key length in v24. Now all works like a charm (yes, even virtual APs Shocked )
silversilver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
tiansen: When I set a WAN static IP my wireless stops working. Then if I play around with the encyption, turning it off and on it works for about 30 seconds then stops again. I am running a WRT54GS-JP V2 (Japanese model). Perhaps I need to nuke all settings? any idea?

Just to add: I updated to yesterday's build and I am still having the same problems. I have to downgrade to 23 so I can get wireless operation.

Update: Tried the nram erase and the reset button, made a little progress. I can set a static WAN IP now but I am unable to set any wireless security. If I set any security wireless stops working after around 10-20 seconds.

I might add that wired connections work perfectly fine.

Last edited by silversilver on Thu May 03, 2007 12:09; edited 1 time in total
cyberde
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
tiansen wrote:
Oh, I am really a moron. Embarassed My PSK was shorter than 8 chars and there is NO checking of key length in v24. Now all works like a charm (yes, even virtual APs Shocked )

Doh! A whell, you've found out Smile

Donater
silversilver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
No ideas? I'm stilling having the same issue with security, my PSK is longer than 8 characters Smile
silversilver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Further information, if I add a virtual interface, it comes up for a while then renames itself to BRCM_TEST_SSID as an unencypted connection that you can't connect to.

Also tried "2007 - 0406" same wireless issues (did reset button before upgrade). Downgraded to 23 in the mean time, works as advertised.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: