Wireless repeater bridge using one DD-wrt and one stock

thedini
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 19:34    Post subject: Wireless repeater bridge using one DD-wrt and one stock Reply with quote
Hey Guys,

I feel like I did my due diligence in trying to figure this one out. I have been sharing internet between two buildings on my property using houses 1's router, and house 1's wireless switch. In house 2 I have successfully set up a repeater bridge on a dd-wrt box. Internet lives in House 1. Wireless switch in House 1 is used by the house for most everyday work. House 2 has a wired connection and gets internet through house 1's wireless switch.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

That is all fine and good but when I go to add security to house 1's wireless switch i can't get dd-wrt to connect to the network. Take the secuirty off and it works fine. I am using WPA-PSK(ASE)on House 1's wireless switch. That router is a stock Netgear WNDR3300. I also had house 1 having a centralized router and it was able (without the wireless security on) to DHCP over the bridge, everything was CANDY and the security is screwing it all up.

It doesn't help that whenever the bridge breaks the DD-wrt router can't be logged into...

Should I just bite the bullet and figure out another wireless bridge between two DD-wrt routers and eliminate the WNDR3300?

Thanks guys I will try to get some screen shots of the settings, right now House 2 is off line so i need to get that router back...
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: