New (KONG) Test Build - 04/30/2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
szkuta
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Apr 2019
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 18:53    Post subject: New (KONG) Test Build - 04/30/2019 Reply with quote
New (KONG) Test Build - 04/30/2019
http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/Test/

Please report errors on this topic.

Release Notes:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline (with a grain of salt, kong doesnt always add all commits)

Router Model:

Status:
Reset:
Errors:
Sponsor
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Jan 2015
Posts: 5359
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
EA8500
DD-WRT v3.0-r39680M kongat (04/29/19)
Linux 4.9.171 #387 SMP Mon Apr 29 13:23:44 CEST 2019 armv7l
No reset -- GUI install over r39688
30 static leases
local DNS
port forwarding
QOS HFSC FQ_CODEL
ovpn server
samba share ext4 USB flash drive
isolated guest network -- ath0.1, ath1.1 & VLAN port 4 via br1
She is all working really good ao far .... Cool
---
EDIT:
just some silly notes
r39680M
dnsmasq-2.80-40-gc406fd6
unbound 1.9.0
OpenVPN 2.4.7
OpenSSL 1.1.1b
LZO 2.09

BS_r39688
dnsmasq-2.80
unbound 1.9.1
OpenVPN 2.4.7
OpenSSL 1.1.1b
LZO 2.09

---
on Kong:
~# dnsmasq -v
Dnsmasq version 2.80-40-gc406fd6 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 Simon Kelley
Compile time options: IPv6 GNU-getopt no-RTC no-DBus no-i18n no-IDN DHCP DHCPv6 no-Lua no-TFTP no-conntrack ipset no-auth DNSSEC loop-detect inotify dumpfile

This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
Dnsmasq is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or 3.

on BS builds you have to dig around for dnsmasq version like ~# strings /usr/sbin/dnsmasq | grep dnsmasq

So far Kong log looky pretty clean & good Razz


Last edited by mrjcd on Tue Apr 30, 2019 20:13; edited 1 time in total
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7381
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Status: better than bs builds
Reset: no
Errors: see tickets below

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5225 *
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5603 *
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5699
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5845
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5848
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5933
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5938
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6059
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6286
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6466
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6481 *
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6495
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6511
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6516

included tickets are only those affecting r7800 and kong build only.

for the first time im testing putting the whole house on this router..merged the dir-862L network onto this via ath0.1 & 1.1 set to br1, qos netmask limited to their line speed with my subnet set on express. testing this for 24hrs, waiting for the first (probably wifi) problem to appear...

hostapd 2.9 devel

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r44849 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r44849 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r44849 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r44849 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r44583 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..


Last edited by tatsuya46 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 21:35; edited 1 time in total
jackykoning
DD-WRT User


Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 242
Location: The Nederlands

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
It flashes but has an issue see image.

Every 2 seconds there is an elevated ping. Its much less than it was a ~1 year ago but it was fixed until 39000M.
This issue is even more visible in TCP where the latency becomes ~50ms.

_________________
Hi Smile
2x Netgear R7800
labo
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 30 Jan 2015
Posts: 675
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router: Netgear R7800
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r39680M kongat (04/29/19 )
Kernel: Linux 4.9.171 #386 SMP Sun Apr 28 21:52:56 CEST 2019 armv7l

Working ok
Build missing mesh commits

_________________
ASUS RT-AX89X: Main gateway.
QNAP QSW-1208-8C 12-Port 10GbE Switch
Nighthawk SX10 10GbE Switch
1 X RAX120 WAP Bridge
1 X RAX75 WAP Bridge
Archer AX11000 WAP Bridge
2 X R7800 DD-WRT Mesh
2 X R9000 DD-WRT Mesh
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7381
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
jackykoning wrote:
It flashes but has an issue see image.

Every 2 seconds there is an elevated ping. Its much less than it was a ~1 year ago but it was fixed until 39000M.
This issue is even more visible in TCP where the latency becomes ~50ms.


does it go away when u flash that build back to it using same settings?

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r44849 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r44849 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r44849 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r44849 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r44583 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Jan 2015
Posts: 5359
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
EA8500 r39680M
Turned unbound on about an hour ago and it's working very well.
Only wish I could figure a simple way to make it work with ovpn server like she used to about
a year back so you can push routers IP or ovpn server IP and still have local DNS
plus also using unbound while connected thru ovpn server just same as a local connection. Rolling Eyes
Now days if using unbound you must push a public DNS thru ovpn server to get anywheres when connected thru it Evil or Very Mad
jackykoning
DD-WRT User


Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 242
Location: The Nederlands

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
jackykoning wrote:
It flashes but has an issue see image.

Every 2 seconds there is an elevated ping. Its much less than it was a ~1 year ago but it was fixed until 39000M.
This issue is even more visible in TCP where the latency becomes ~50ms.


does it go away when u flash that build back to it using same settings?


Yes I will upload an image showing you 39000M in a minute

_________________
Hi Smile
2x Netgear R7800
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1301

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
is qca99x0 fw still 10.4?
does qos now work with sfe on like bs build 39688?
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7381
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
jackykoning wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
jackykoning wrote:
It flashes but has an issue see image.

Every 2 seconds there is an elevated ping. Its much less than it was a ~1 year ago but it was fixed until 39000M.
This issue is even more visible in TCP where the latency becomes ~50ms.


does it go away when u flash that build back to it using same settings?


Yes I will upload an image showing you 39000M in a minute


i dont seem to be getting that but i do see the difference..


jerrytouille wrote:
is qca99x0 fw still 10.4?
does qos now work with sfe on like bs build 39688?


u mean on download? neither builds work with download still. if u mean having it enabled with qos (upload only) on bs builds u always could, just have to enable it manually by command

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r44849 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r44849 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r44849 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r44849 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r44583 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1301

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
qos was fully working both up and down with sfe on (sfe=1 in nvram show) in bs 39688

with nvram erase configured from scratch
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Jan 2015
Posts: 5359
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:
is qca99x0 fw still 10.4?
does qos now work with sfe on like bs build 39688?

yeahuh the EA8500 r39680M still same ol ath10k firmware ver 10.4-3.5.3-00050
I aint never had use for SFE but maybe tommorrow I'll test it on spare EA8500 .... get acrooss his WAN to my local Laughing
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7381
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:
qos was fully working both up and down with sfe on (sfe=1 in nvram show) in bs 39688

with nvram erase configured from scratch


news to me.. not that it would affect me unless i had my isp's 600 down plan..was the process actually running?

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r44849 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r44849 std
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r44849 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r44849 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r44583 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
jackykoning
DD-WRT User


Joined: 15 May 2013
Posts: 242
Location: The Nederlands

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
jackykoning wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
jackykoning wrote:
It flashes but has an issue see image.

Every 2 seconds there is an elevated ping. Its much less than it was a ~1 year ago but it was fixed until 39000M.
This issue is even more visible in TCP where the latency becomes ~50ms.


does it go away when u flash that build back to it using same settings?


Yes I will upload an image showing you 39000M in a minute


i dont seem to be getting that but i do see the difference..


jerrytouille wrote:
is qca99x0 fw still 10.4?
does qos now work with sfe on like bs build 39688?


u mean on download? neither builds work with download still. if u mean having it enabled with qos (upload only) on bs builds u always could, just have to enable it manually by command


So after you said this I did a factory reset and the peaks are gone... But that means that there is a setting somewhere that causes this. I now need to figure out what.

_________________
Hi Smile
2x Netgear R7800
bushant
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 18 Nov 2015
Posts: 1469
Location: WCentral Indiana USA

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
R7800x2 WDS AP STA,R7500v2 WDS STA
Previous 39575M
Uptime 2:23
Working well

Changeset 39675=
Esata now working on R7500v2 👍
Thank You <Kong>

_________________
STUBBY DoT install guide----Forum Guide Lines (Please read!) --- How to get help the right way----Reports
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum