TP-LINK TL-WR740N v4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
twinclouds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
It appears that the WR-740N v4 has listed as work in progress. Has anybody tried it yet?
I ordered a 703n as donation to DD-WRT. I will report once I know it has been shipped.
Sponsor
mitza97
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where you see the test version ?
twinclouds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
mitza97 wrote:
Where you see the test version ?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#TP-Link
No test build is given.
abondek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 18:52    Post subject: usb mod Reply with quote
Guys anyone can help with USB mod on v4.2 of that router? Any help would be appreciated Smile
Jorge Silva
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also have a TP-Link WR-740N V4.2

Any previews about a build for this router ?

Regards,
Jorge Silva

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Jorge Silva wrote:

Regards,
Jorge Silva

I asked them via email if they have received the router I donate but they said they haven't got it yet. Post office promised it should be in their hands by the end of this week. So they may not start working on support by the end of the week if they rely on my piece of hardware for it.
Jorge Silva
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
Jorge Silva wrote:

Regards,
Jorge Silva

I asked them via email if they have received the router I donate but they said they haven't got it yet. Post office promised it should be in their hands by the end of this week. So they may not start working on support by the end of the week if they rely on my piece of hardware for it.

Ok,thanks for the info. I will see if i can exchange the router for an old version ( 2.0; 3.0 ), otherwise i will have to wait.....

Regards,
Jorge Silva

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do not exchange the router for anything. It is best value for money option as of today. Also the board layout is technically composed better than v1/2/3 hardware. It is a good device and you'd better wait for it to get supported.
dabyd64
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm from Spain, this router was only at 13.95€ at amazon, so I bought one to have a try... and arrived yesterday. It was v4.2 too... Rolling Eyes
I was able to get the console working.
I found that the Tx wasn't connected to anywhere. I spent an hour searching the pad for Tx in the pcb top, while it was in the bottom side.
I had to remove the resistor from the right and put a wire in place. Because I couldn't type anything.
(looking the board from top side, the connectors upside, and leds down... where the console connector is, very close there are 2 resistors...its the resistor from right).

The funny thing was that later I found that it was already here: Laughing Laughing
http://wiki.openwrt.org/_detail/toh/tp-link/tl-wr741nd-v4-serial-fix.jpg?id=toh%3Atp-link%3Atl-wr741nd

How is the development status for this device?
Btw, very nice job ...I already got 2 devices with dd-wrt and worked as a charm... Wink

I can help for testing or reporting whatever I can. Just PM me and I will try Smile
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
20 working days after sending the device, post office returned it to me saying that the receiver was unknown on the address in Germany. I am trying to figure out the mistake with dev team to send it again. Too weird to be true.
mitza97
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
20 working days after sending the device, post office returned it to me saying that the receiver was unknown on the address in Germany. I am trying to figure out the mistake with dev team to send it again. Too weird to be true.

Try OPEN-WRT version, which is working very good. I already installed, since the future of DD-WRT version is in "the fog".
LE: After testing some time, i see that not working very good...have bugs! Crying or Very sad
Still waiting for DD-WRT version.

Last edited by mitza97 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 15:00; edited 1 time in total
dabyd64
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's too bad!! Evil or Very Mad
I spent 2 days trying openwrt... I hate all patches, updates and scripts needed for make it work.
Yes..just flash and go! Laughing
If you are like me, pretty noob in Linux you'll be lost quickly.

First: installing LuCI...huh..my router obviusly didn't had internet at first installation...so how to download the packages?
The main router was upstairs Rolling Eyes I had to do ICS sharing in windows and connect my ethernet card to the router's WAN port. Ok, we got Luci working.
Then I couldn't connect to my wireless network, which is on ch13.
I spent hours, trying to find a fix for make use of the 13 channels available on Spain.
They said literally, we won't fix it!! if something strange happens then we'll switch to US regulation. And no way to override it, we don't want you killing somebody! Maybe compiling yourself Razz thats "so" easy!
Luckly I found that replacing /usr/lib/crda/regulatory.bin with the one here https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/10824 fixed it. Laughing
Now there's no way to bridge LAN and wirelesss in client mode. When I do the bridge the connection is lost and won't work again until I delete it and try again, without bridge.

I really miss here the support and documentation like DD-WRT does have.
I hope I can see ddwrt running on it some day. Sad
dabyd64
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firmware from wr703n works perfect on wr740n.
just keep in mind that you won't have USB unless some kind of mod is applied like this:

http://www.zhigao5191.com/computer-network/tp-link740nv5luyouqiguauyinusbkou.html

Finally I got repeater working..but flashing the wr-703n firmware. Wink
Althought it is in chinese, I tried to translate it.

I unpacked the squashfs and extracted it..then tried to translate. There are 120 webpages + 66 help pages = total of 186 pages to translate.
I tried with Chrome's translator but it broke the code in most pages.
They'll show in english in the router, but buttons and few other things won't work as usual.

She only way is manual editing each file's HTML code.

if anyone is interested, here are the squashfs files.
The files to translate would be in:
/web/userRpm (main pages)
/web/localiztion (error strings and other stuff)
/web/help (help pages)

Maybe we can do a "translate team" and distribute the work.

As far as I know this is the only firmware for 4MB ar9331 boards that support repeater mode.
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why may one need the above since firmware binary together with GPL code is already on tplink site?
dabyd64
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
it's not the firmware...just the squashfs files.

Sorry for bothering..I'm doing my first steps in firmware modding and researching. Embarassed
For example, I found that editing "/web/dynaform/custom.js" file we can unlock a few extra modes in AP mode.

Original are only:
"Access Point",
"Client",
"Repeater"
"Bridge with AP"

Modding the custom.js file you can unlock a few extra modes:

"Access Point",
"Multi-SSID",
"Multi-Bss Plus VLAN",
"Client",
"WDS Repeater",
"Repeater"
"Bridge"
"Bridge with AP"
"Debug"

I think original firmware of 703n is well featured, the only problem is the chinese language itself.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: