TP-LINK TL-WR740N v4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
repsons
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought v4.2 for a 17eur(12LvL) from 220.lv
Previous order was v2, but last one came exactly v4.2
Interesting, does this h/w change makes sense for me as user {except of re-flashing inconveniences:}

Happy new year to all!
Janis
Sponsor
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
repsons wrote:
I bought v4.2 for a 17eur(12LvL) from 220.lv
Previous order was v2, but last one came exactly v4.2
Interesting, does this h/w change makes sense for me as user {except of re-flashing inconveniences:}

Happy new year to all!
Janis

I have thoroughly checked tl-wr740n and have devices from all four hw versions that are released by them to now. v1 v2 v3 are same hardware and user may not find any different behavior. v4 is completely different piece of hardware and this can be proven at first board glance even without technical competence.

tp-link native firmware is not good enough and produces problems with latencies when router is overloaded with traffic. v4 also does have other firmware bugs. For example if router has no link on wan during boot, it does not always boot completely, httpd and upnpd do not start. If there is link on wan it starts correctly no matter if there is connection to world coming through the cable or a simple ethernet link. Also lan ip is 192.168.0.1 and they hack dns to tplinklogin.net as seen on netgear.
mitza97
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also , after one week, wireless going down. Router must be rebooted to working. Sad
jimbeans83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
I am ready to go to post office and mail the device to developers as soon as hardwaredonation@ answers some details about shipping.

Checho, where are you located ? Are you in EU ? edit : saw your earlier posts, I am happy to send you a few € to help participate in your donation when you get it shipped. Maybe a few others would like to share (mitza97)? Will send to ddwrt/BS group also.
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I am from Bulgaria. Still nobody is responding to the mail address for donation and I even have no idea which address in Germany to mail the device to.
mitza97
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
Yes I am from Bulgaria. Still nobody is responding to the mail address for donation and I even have no idea which address in Germany to mail the device to.

You can see HERE adress. Smile
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have not sent the device yet. I spent my money to buy it for dd-wrt dev team but they don't tell me how they want to get it. It's even packed in the postage packaging ready for addressing and mailing and is waiting for two days so far. I am feeling stupid.
repsons
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, friend, we are gettin so busy in our lifes, that sometimes time flies, and weeks are counted even faster than days in childhood... Shocked
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Or they may just be still on holiday somewhere, I will wait patiently. I am not going to find other business for the device, so it will be in their hands as soon as welcomed.

Also, news continue. Bulgarian customs is releasing first quantities of TL-WR2543ND on 10th of January and it will be available for local market at about $90 end user after that. I may work something out to see it also supported. But my real pain is what hardware version of 740n have they send from china to the local distributor... thats it, I am scared of the probability that tp-link release hw ver 5 before we have support even for 4 Smile
Rocozaur
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
From what I know, hardware versions 5 and 6 for this router will be China only. And I guess the restricted internet access in that communist country is responsible for the severely crippled firmware of only 2MB on that Atheros chipset. [Besides that, the v5/v6 is butt-ugly]

So far, the stock firmware has been good. Hadn't notice any problems with it[one week up-time], and the router can keep up speed really well. On a 100M connection, not directly linked to the ISP, I got 82M on wireless.
mitza97
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Meanwhile, waiting for DD-WRT version of firmware, i installed latest version in trunk of Open-WRT (which is in stage of Atitude Adjustment) and my router working good.
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I gathered required information for donation and just left the device in the post office. It will be traveling fo dev team from tomorrow with delivery expected in the next 10 working days.
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Note to developers - GPL code for v4 is available on http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/gpl/

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/gpl/150Router.tar
twinclouds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
I gathered required information for donation and just left the device in the post office. It will be traveling fo dev team from tomorrow with delivery expected in the next 10 working days.

Where did you send it to? Is this one?
"NewMedia-NET GmbH, Berliner Ring 101, 64625 Bensheim, Germany"

I want to send them and 703n directly from the merchant.
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
twinclouds wrote:
checho wrote:

Where did you send it to? Is this one?
"NewMedia-NET GmbH, Berliner Ring 101, 64625 Bensheim, Germany"

I want to send them and 703n directly from the merchant.

They gave me Robert-Bosch-Straße 101
but it should be the same street. Other parts are correct.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: