Cannot access GUI from internet when port forwarding

Goto page Previous  1, 2
spaceghost
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Luniz2k1 wrote:
The issue I see from his pics is that he does not have a gateway IP set. Devices need a gateway specified so that they know what route to use to respond to requests.

SOLVED!!!!

Boy do I feel dumb.

Ignore my last post. After entering the gateway IP into the Router Settings box, I used Apply Settings.

I just realized that a soft-boot might not work and so I did a full router reboot and it finally works.

A prize and a cookie goes to Luniz2k1!

Thank you!
Sponsor
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
As you could connect localy to your DD-WRT box, that means DD-wrt is not the source of your issue. This trouble comes from your modem setings. You didn't told us what "Open ports" is placed for ??
DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
spaceghost
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
yzy-oui-fi wrote:
As you could connect localy to your DD-WRT box, that means DD-wrt is not the source of your issue. This trouble comes from your modem setings. You didn't told us what "Open ports" is placed for ??

See my previous post. The problem was the missing gateway information in my DD-WRT Router IP configuration.

It seems that the web gui interface will work just fine if that remains set at 0.0.0.0, but it won't work when you are not on the same subnet I guess?

The Open Ports section is very similar to port redirect, it just uses a slightly different approach. I had tried both options prior to making my original post.
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ho my Gosh! You are right i missed it too! Smile

Your DD-WRT Gateway and Local DNS should be set to 192.168.1.254 (Modem Local IP)

Some time solution is hanging up in front of our noze, and we couldn't see it! Wink

DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
jootix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same problem. Please take a look http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=654666
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
So if it is the same problem then you have the solution now.
jootix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok, my problem is similar not the same Wink My gateway is set correctly, but does not work GUI
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: