Asus RT-N12 Wireless Packet Errors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
papichulo06
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:56    Post subject: Asus RT-N12 Wireless Packet Errors Reply with quote
Hi,

Router: Asus RT-N12
Build: 14929 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mini

I am currently getting a lot of issues with this router on dd-wrt. Seems like every day or so we have to restart the router. The Rate jumps from 26-52 CONSTANTLY and it seems to have wireless packet errors. Could it be that we have many (over 5) devices connected to the router? As it stands right now, I'm less then 15ft away from the router and my connection to the router is at 22Mbps.

Here is an image of the wireless status page. Any help will be appreciated.

Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you sh*tting us? Over 100 MILLION Shocked packets, and you are concerned over 312 errors

Do a search on link rate and what it means.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
papichulo06
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, fine. Answer me this.

We have a 36Mbps pipe. When directly connected to the router via lan cable we surpass that speed (around 46Mbps but when connected via wifi we can't seem to pass 11Mbps.

Channel is at 9.
Width is at 40.
Tx is at 17

Be nice.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pls read the peacock announcement. Note 7 in particular, but read all the required reading. You need to provide details about what is connected.

Try setting width to 20. You won't get full N but you don't need full N. Many find 20 to be more stable.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
oxygenx
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
papichulo06 wrote:

We have a 36Mbps pipe. When directly connected to the router via lan cable we surpass that speed (around 46Mbps but when connected via wifi we can't seem to pass 11Mbps.

Channel is at 9.
Width is at 40.
Tx is at 17

I see no question in here.

Modem: Cisco EPC3202
clients: Notebook 1, D-Link 323, PS3 Slim, Kathrein UFC960 connected to WDS Node 1 via Gigabit Switch. Notebook 2, Deskjet 6980 connected to WDS Node 2
papichulo06
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
oxygenx wrote:
papichulo06 wrote:

Channel is at 9.
Width is at 40.
Tx is at 17

I see no question in here.

The question is implied. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: