be AWARE of using any FON related TRADEMARKS here

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jeffrey
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Keep up the great work BS.

I doubt F-on will be around much longer so I really doubt anything would ever become of their threat. Rolling Eyes
Sponsor
mochoandre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
BS
you still have Fon logo here

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Image:FON-DD-WRT-Transparant.png

Ericeira Surf
wayland
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, a scary legal letter. I think they would prefer if you did not talk about them. I can't see that anyone would think you are anything to do with FON other than offering compatable firmware. The point made in one of the above posts that is the router owner who should decide what they install on their property is very important. I think if FON supply you the router then they may be able to dictate what it runs. No one in the UK has heard of it. I think if a FON model is to work then ALL wireless routers should have a generic FON type function as a built in option. Let the owner chose if they want to switch it on, but that should be made nice and easy with a well written flyer in the box with the device.

Trying to conqure the world with your own router is not likely to work, but creating a FON standard with GPL source may open a whole new market for ISPs. Why not let people use their own ISP accounts from any Internet connection. AOL do it using VPN. You can get on AOL from any working Internet using their dialer.

I agree, I think FON is going nowhere as it is.

Regards,
Wayland.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
its a official letter to me and is original as it is. fon had always the chance to talk with me in a friendly way. but this case here is discusting and needs to be published

FON just wanted to start a war with all of us and that is so stupid for FON to do. I have gotten so many LaFonera for free and using them for fun. Everytime when I look at any of my LaFonera units, I just LOL on how stupid FON is to give away (even a junkie router). However, no matter how junkie the router is, we can make it to run better with DDWRT and that's the fact.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
just stumbled upon this thread.

why would that F company do this? isn't that use of the F term such that it would bring awareness to and enhance the brand/company involved? If that's the case, it would not do the company any good to stop people from spreading awareness, even if it infringes on some copyrighted stuff.

Am I missing something here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: