Problmes at high data rates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
elias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can try it with a transparent network tonight.
Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
what the difference between bridged and transparent networking for you?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
What I mean is, I will give the WLAN Interfaces a different subnetwork.
eg. WLAN1 at AP 10.0.1.1
WLAN1 at Station 10.0.1.2

and make the right routing settings.
But normally it must work with bridged interfaces, or not?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
as far as you wont have any ip collisions the bridged network must work too.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
But what can I do to get it work? Any idea? Or maybe a hardware error, because it is just at one Gw-Board.
elias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I is also unable to connect using WDS settings in the ath0WDS section. If I configure both macs in the WDS tab, no connection will be established.
techatdd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
No solution for your Problem, but i have the nearly same issues with the atheros based ag108 routers from buffalo.
The WDS AP - WDS Station stops randomly any traffic (until watchdoc reboots it) although the units show that they are conneted to each other.
Here this Problem apears when the wireless links breaks for more than maybe 0.5 sec, tested with to screwing off the antenna cable.

Greetings
elias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
It looks how something like that. The connection is stable on screen and the data rate is 108mbit. But with my WRAP Board, which runs Staros it shows 12Mbit only. Then I used a tool to measure the speed, what tells me a data copy of 600-800kbytes only (12Mbit). I think there is a problem with cm9 or the software, because they are not able to sent in the data rates shown on screen. Without turbo dd-wrt tells me 54mbit and the real data rate is 6mbit. I have no noise and a good signal level.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
the 12 mbit measured speed is no wonder if your staros is just running with 12 mbit
so the real question is, why does staros only transmit with 12 mbit

Last edited by BrainSlayer on Thu May 03, 2007 8:19; edited 1 time in total
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
elias wrote:
I is also unable to connect using WDS settings in the ath0WDS section. If I configure both macs in the WDS tab, no connection will be established.

if hope you configured both units to the same channels first. otherwise the classical wds will not work in any way

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok...the Staros iss running 12mbit only. But why both Gateworks can't do higher rates than 12Mbit? In the field test with two Gw-Avila and two CM9 and an SNR of 40db they transfer 400Kbyte/sec only. On the Status screen 54mbit are displayed without Turbo . This sounds like 6mbit real data transfer...the distance iss 900m only over the horizont off a small hill.
elias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
if hope you configured both units to the same channels first. otherwise the classical wds will not work in any way

That means I have to set both units on the same channel in WDS-Ap mode, restart and switch one of the untis to WDS-Station mode? Rigth??? Or should I set it up with wlanconfig?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
please test this experiemental version it does contain changes in the rate detection

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Brainslayer, I`ll test it tonight, because the Backbone is running for test and I do not want to disturb my customers!
Ill post after the tests...
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay. consider that i tested classical wds with this version too (between avila gateworks and a WHR HP AG108)

Navigation

Jump to: