NEW Fractal BUILDS 17949 *CLOSED* Moving on to Devel Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:58    Post subject: Re: New official DD-WRT Release is out Reply with quote
Taomyn wrote:
It's a bit annoying that it's been reported that SSH has suddenly broken in this release, is it all builds? Unfortunately the workaround isn't enough for me as the changing certificate I think will mess up some scripts I have on my server Crying or Very sad

+1
Is the only workaround really generating new keys each run?
Sponsor
dc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:37    Post subject: Re: New official DD-WRT Release is out Reply with quote
ErMeglio wrote:
Taomyn wrote:
It's a bit annoying that it's been reported that SSH has suddenly broken in this release, is it all builds? Unfortunately the workaround isn't enough for me as the changing certificate I think will mess up some scripts I have on my server Crying or Very sad

+1

It was the only one that I could find in ten minutes. Actually the real fix would be to store the new format keys in nvram using the variables already defined for this purpose. I had other commitments last evening and could not follow this any further.

The 'fix' was simply to illustrate that the binaries work and to help anyone who was really stuck.

Remember that these are test builds (said the person running the firmware on his border router...)
ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
dc wrote:
ErMeglio wrote:
Taomyn wrote:

+1

It was the only one that I could find in ten minutes. Actually the real fix would be to store the new format keys in nvram using the variables already defined for this purpose. I had other commitments last evening and could not follow this any further.

The 'fix' was simply to illustrate that the binaries work and to help anyone who was really stuck.

Remember that these are test builds (said the person running the firmware on his border router...)

I'm really thankful to you, sorry if my question seemed offensive or anything similar. I was just wanting to investigate and find a permanent solution because this is the only router I am using and, not pretending anything particular from a testing build of dd-wrt, I am only willing to help, troubleshoot, and render it as stable and working as possible. For sure all the things I'm doing with it right now are totally disallowed with the Linksys' original firmware, so this the only way, I already had dd-wrt in my mind when I bought the e4200 10/15 days ago, because before I was using a WRT54GL with the latest dd-wrt too and I liked it very much, not a problem. Also it's cool to be able to discuss with developers and find solutions together in a vivid community like this Wink

To get back to our problem, are you sure private host keys are saved in nvram? I'm thinking it could be filled up with a private rsa,dss and possibly many authorized_keys (not my problem as I using it to connect by myself only). Isn't /etc/dropbear the flash itself? Perhaps the std 1024bit are not a problem but what to do if I want a bigger key, say 4096 or 8192bit one? I thought I could just exchange /etc/dropbear/ keys but they are not there in fact.
If, as you made me know with logs on the trac, dropbear looks for files there, I could simply put them elsewhere/there/on a usb key and create a symbolic link?
djroby19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 13:24    Post subject: build 17967 Reply with quote
kt_haddock wrote:
Can someone do "wl ver" and se which wifi driver is using ? Laughing build 17967

Oh... Embarassed sorry K2.6

Here on my DD-WRT v24 E4200-sp2 (12/07/11) mega - build 17967

root @ DD-WRT: ~ # wl ver
5,100 RC138.9
wl0: Dec 7 2011 02:36:30 version 5.100.138.9
Laughing

Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/19/12) std - build 18777 + modem Digicom combo cx + Nas Synology DS-209 da 2 T + LG DP1W+ APC Back-UPS RS-Power Saving Back-UPS Pro 550 + switch Zyxel Gs105B + http://forum.emulesecurity.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3441
counterfeit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 17:17    Post subject: Re: New official DD-WRT Release is out Reply with quote
Taomyn wrote:

ssh is working fine for me... password authentication. i couldn't get keys to work on 17949, haven't tried key authentication on the latest build.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 17:42    Post subject: Re: New official DD-WRT Release is out Reply with quote
counterfeit wrote:
Taomyn wrote:

ssh is working fine for me... password authentication. i couldn't get keys to work on 17949, haven't tried key authentication on the latest build.

The problem is with key authentication.
We've opened a ticket for it, it seems a segfault of dropbearconvert.
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/ticket/2283
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

Was thinking of starting a new thread since 17949 is now out of date and the voyage to get usb working has been solved. I was thinking of starting a generic thread like "Broadcom Development/Bugs/Testing

that way anyone who wants to contribute can, and even us coders learn more things every day.

Btw: 17990 by eko released 17990 today with the updated bin size fix:

http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2282#comment:1

This was committed last night so hopefully the bins are small enough now to rip to the 3500L and others.

Thoughts?

-Fractal
ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's what I've thought, thread's name isn't anymore about what we are talking about here, so do it Wink

p.s. where's the compiled Eko's 17990?
I see ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn17990/ is still empty.
porcupine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
rflow is upload only on build 17949, hence why CPU is OK.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 Display posts from previous:    Page 12 of 12
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: