Yo... Dev's.. Where are the builds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 13:41    Post subject: Yo... Dev's.. Where are the builds? Reply with quote
Watching trac, There have been many fixes it seems and some feature additions (nvram status in the gui).

Where beez these builds? Not ready for prime time & testing?

I know a couple of members are compiling from source and posting.

I am more interested in k26 std builds with usb & nas support and well k24 builds.

Don't get me wrong.. I am not complaining or being pushy.. I would just like to see some of the new additions and changes be officially posted. Smile

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
You do realize that if you actually saw that ... then we might say that the world if officially coming to an end. Shocked Wink

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
It wasn't very long ago in relative terms that there were new builds posted 2 ~ 3 times a month or more.

As I said... watching trac.. I see that there is a new feature showing nvram status in the gui. There is also another feature in which if nvram is getting close to filling up, dd-wrt deletes the oldest traff data.

Those are pretty snazzy features. There have also been a few fixes to old bugs assuming I am reading trac right. There is a bunch of stuff marked "fixed", and the ticket closed.

There are also new bugs in the latest builds posted (dyndns, external storage mounting with certain formats and locations..)

Lets get the holes plugged and the builds tested Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess BrainSlayer has some reason postponing the next build. At least 17201 is preety solid...
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've tested a few nightly builds...and as far as I'm concerned...I can wait.

14929 is still the most solid of the bunch...I'm really disappointed in this project.

The new builds with the new wireless drivers...suck!!!

I'm actually running Kong's build on my home AP/gateway cause the standard dd-wrt builds with the new drivers are so unstable.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
As I said to Barry, Eko is the guy of Broadcom builds. BS doesn't give much attention to this platform because of their closed source and I don't blame him, I blame Broadcom.

For me, the bottom of line is: If Eko doesn't build anymore, we're hopeless..

I give much respect for those guys who build from source by themselves, at least they are trying to keep dd-wrt alive for Broadcom..
crashfly
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
fggs wrote:
As I said to Barry, Eko is the guy of Broadcom builds. BS doesn't give much attention to this platform because of their closed source and I don't blame him, I blame Broadcom.

For me, the bottom of line is: If Eko doesn't build anymore, we're hopeless..

I give much respect for those guys who build from source by themselves, at least they are trying to keep dd-wrt alive for Broadcom..

But that is not entirely true, as it was (and is) Brainslayer who has given commandment that only he make the "common" build as only Eko makes the "special" builds. All BS has to do is "push a button" and start the builds for everyone. Nothing for quite some time.

All I want to say is "push the freakin button!"

Try Dropbox for syncing files - get 2.5gb online for free by signing up.

Read! Peacock thread
*PLEASE* upgrade PAST v24SP1 or no support.
fggs
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko is the only one who listen for suggestions, features, improvements of this community. I guess he loves to try new stuff.

It's hard to test and develop this firmware without people listening to our problems and suggestions.

Anyway, I second crashfly "push that button!" Wink
Bird333
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
How long has the official release been SP1? I am wondering if there will ever be an official SP2. Not that I install 'official' builds. Very Happy
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was not my intention to start any shit with this thread..

I thought it was kinda funny the way I asked for a new build to be posted.. I wanna see the nvram gui stuff.

funny...

"Yo Dev's.. Where's the builds".. (where's the beef.. get it.. Razz )

k24 builds are real important to me. Not sure but I think the new radio drivers are only in k26 builds..

I run k26 also but if I have a choice, I run k24.

btw... I got my RT on the bench trying to figure out fezjays bw monitor so my TM is back as my main router / gateway running 17201 atm rock solid with no issues (sd mod, otrw, mypage, and wolfs bw monitor).

The past few weeks have been a learning curve for me as I changed my isp and went from a dsl connection (pppoe) to a dhcp wan connection (cable).

You would think it is simple but I had to make some iptable rules which were not necessary with pppoe and had to block some new equipment (ip cam) from talking to china while I walked around in my underware.

I think this stuff is a lot of fun..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry Barry, it was not my intention to disturb your thread.

With cable you will see how difficult it is to renew modem's ip with dd-wrt, unless they change that behavior.

From what I've investigated a few years ago, dd-wrt asks for the same ip if it's still available instead of just discard current ip and asking for a new one hehe

OT: I used cable for about 2 years and now I'm back to DSL (pppoe) and I like it better. With DOCSIS (cable) it's difficult to reach top speed.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
You guys are all on crack. New BUILDS!?!

We don't need ANY more excitement around here. Just plug 12548 on your router and go back to bed.

"There's nothing to see here folks. Please keep moving."

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
cyberde
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:

We don't need ANY more excitement around here. Just plug 12548 on your router and go back to bed.

Well we do, some of us are looking for improvement wherever they can and therefore became flash junkies Smile I'm also waiting for a new build with many many fixes.

Donater
Bird333
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:

"There's nothing to see here folks. Please keep moving."

It's kinda fun to get something new from time to time. Smile
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I agree...there are improvements to be made....I'll keep testing don't get me wrong....but I keep falling back. I'm running 17811 on two Repeater Bridges right now....and so far...they seem stable...but its too early to tell....I'll do more testing tonight....I'll reconfigure one for Repeater mode...but I highly doubt its been fixed.

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: