Unauthorized client connected?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dasnick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 23:25    Post subject: Unauthorized client connected? Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm using dd-wrt 14929 on a wl500gp and I've recently noticed something weird. There is a client that seems to connect to my wl500gp, eventhough it's not any machine I own or that has the necessary wpa2 password.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

I'm using wpa2 personal AES with a hard to get password. It doesn't seem to get an IP, but it keeps showing as a client. Any idea about this?
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check for active connections.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
dasnick
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Check for active connections.

when it's connected there are no active connections. How can it be connected given that supposedly the user does not have my wpa2 password? Also, I noticed that when it tries to connect the router seems to disconnect it several times
kt_haddock
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think that is when a client tries to connect but not yet is authorized.
Do a QUI search to see what it's maby a printer trying to connect.

Navigation

Jump to: