E1000 - Web GUI Management not working whith SPI Firewall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
PoloMan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:52    Post subject: E1000 - Web GUI Management not working whith SPI Firewall Reply with quote
Hello,

I patched my LinkSys E1000 with "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) mini" with success, everything is working fine except that the routeur is not always responding when trying to access it using web interface (from internet) or ssh connection.
I simply receive a "time-out" after a few secondes.
F5 to refresh my internet browser a few times and it will work ...

I do exactly the same tests when the embedded firewall is disabled and 100% of the connections are successfull and really fast !

I hope I was clear enough and thank you all in advance for your advice.

Kind regards,

Vincent.
Sponsor
julzk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found the same thing. I have an E1000 v2.1 and was running the dd-wrt.v24-16968_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_e1000v2.bin build that Eko made.

With SPI firewall enabled, after a short period of time the Web GUI would become unresponsive. I SHH'd into the router and found load / ram at normal levels, but I killed the web services and restarted and it was back to normal. The other thing I found to work was having to restart the router but the problem would return shortly afterwards. So far my only solution was to disable SPI firewall on both my repeater bridge and AP units (both E1000 v2.1's). Since disabling the SPI firewalls on both, I also changed from repeater bridge to client bridge and it appears to be running so much better and not having to restart anything as yet with the routers reaching almost a week now of up time without error. I have a third router in place at current acting as my firewall to my home bridged network.
PoloMan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for your message julzk, at least I'm not the only one.
We have the same conclusion, the issue is linked to the embedded firewall.
Unfortunately I don't have such a "big" infrastructure and so can't use the same workaround as you did ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: