Router Question?

tonybologna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 23:23    Post subject: Router Question? Reply with quote
Are there any wireless routers w/built-in cable modem that supports DD-WRT? I've not seen any chat about these type routers when it comes to DD-WRT. Are they not compatible? If not, are there any plans for implementation?

We currently have a wireless router w/built-in cable modem that's rented from our ISP. We're trying to get rid of the rental fees & get more secure/options with DD-WRT.

None of our ISP's router choices support DD-WRT. We really don't want to go out & buy separate devices(router & modem) since we have an all-in-one right now. Thanks!Smile
Sponsor
jblack
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Are there any wireless routers w/built-in cable modem that supports DD-WRT? I've not seen any chat about these type routers when it comes to DD-WRT. Are they not compatible? If not, are there any plans for implementation?

DD-WRT will never support devices that include the modem with the router. If you are wanting to use DD-WRT, get a cable modem and then a separate wireless router that is DD-WRT compatible.
tonybologna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's what I figured. We'll save in the long run anyhow. Getting rid of the ISP rental fees in buying our own router & modem will save us money after a few months. Thanks for the reply! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: