Power Light and all the ETHERNET LIGHTS ON

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
zipro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:32    Post subject: Power Light and all the ETHERNET LIGHTS ON Reply with quote
I have installed DDWRT on my WRT54GS V5. I followed every instruction line. The outcome seem to have bricked my router. At first, I didnt have all my ethernet lights on. I could not get any contact with my router. So I decided to restart it. I restarted it and all my ethernet lights came on. Still cant get contact with my router. My POWER light is not blinking at me, only at first. Any solution ?!?!? Please hELP
Sponsor
mahenry
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep. Sounds like your router is bricked. Sorry to hear this. The first thing I would try is holding down the reset button and then plugging the power source into the router. Continue to hold the reset button for a solid minute prior to releasing. Maybe you'll luck out and get into the management mode of VxWorks. It depends where the process really crapped out on you. Even if you don't see the management mode, if you can get it to the point where all the lights are not on and the power light is flashing, then you aren't in too bad of shape.

I don't know if you are in a position to return your router or not, but if you apply either of the next two solutions, you definitely will not be able to return it. Assuming that returning your router isn't an option, then your next best option is probably to use a JTAG cable. Some might suggest to short specific pins to gain control back from the router, but it is risky and discouraged. Also, I haven't read where anyone has definitively said what pins to short for your router. Remember, that either method will violate your warranty.

The discussion below is regarding a wrt54g, not wrt54gs, but still gives you a feel for where you probably stand with things:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=836

If you are new to the concept of JTAG, realize that you can purchase a JTAG cable if you do not wish to make one yourself, and it is not rocket science to learn how to use one.

P.S.
Regarding your previous post, power-cycling the router means turning off (unplug), waiting 5 to 10 seconds or so, and turning back on (plug back in).

Last edited by mahenry on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:48; edited 2 times in total
Matthiaz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, and did you try a 30 sec reset as well? But it seems most likely to be bricked...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: