Time not displaying right on web GUI but okay with `date`

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Nonapeptide
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 23:09    Post subject: Time not displaying right on web GUI but okay with `date` Reply with quote
I have a Cisco / LinkSys E3000 WAP that is running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega (SVN revision 14929)

I'm trying to track down an NTP problem. On Setup >> Basic Setup >> Time Settings, I have NTP client enabled, my time zone as UTC, and my DST set to the proper dates. I do not has the Server IP / Name filled in as per this thread.

When connecting via SSH and using the `date` command, I see the proper date and time. However, on the web GUI, it shows the time as being however many minutes / hours the router has been up. So for example, right now I see Time: 00:20:07 up 20 min. However the date at the command prompt is Fri Sep 16 16:01:42 MST 2011.

Apparently the time is set correctly "behind the scenes" since `date` is showing the right time and the Status >> WAN >> Traffic graph is showing the correct month. However, the time is not being accurately reflected on the GUI. My only concern is if this is some kind of indication that there are greater misconfigurations that I'm not aware of.

Any ideas on what is going wrong and how to fix it?
Sponsor
wavracer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
That thread is old, try entering time.nist.gov in the Server IP/Name field under Time Settings, click Save and then Apply Settings and check your time again in a minute or two.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
wavracer wrote:
That thread is old, try entering time.nist.gov in the Server IP/Name field under Time Settings, click Save and then Apply Settings and check your time again in a minute or two.
Thanks for the suggestion! I entered time.nist.gov, saved the settings, applied it, rebooted and still time isn't working right.

For some reason, time is no longer even showing correctly with the `date` command. Not even setting the time server with `ntpclient -h` is working. I'm beginning to think it's impossible to get reliable time on DD-WRT, or at least the images that I've used. I guess it's not that important, at least not for this deployment. Perhaps future deployments that are sensitive to time will need to use enterprise equipment. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: