WTB: WRT54g or Cheap DD-WRT complaint Router.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers
Cael
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:17    Post subject: WTB: WRT54g or Cheap DD-WRT complaint Router. Reply with quote
im in the need now for a replacement to my WRT54g v2 (may the poor thing rest in peace)

a few ago, i had a Power surge and outage (the breaker tripped) when power came back on, the lights were blinking (Power DMZ, Wireless LAN 1~4) i did a hard 30-30-30 it cleared up but .. my PC couldn't find the Wireless AP. (even on the 30-30-30 you see "DD-WRT") i can disable it and re-enable it, but no luck..

my Wii, my DS, my Kindle, my PSP, My Tablet (M009s) and my PocketPC cannot find it. when Connected to it via Ethernet it is ungodly slow. to the point it takes (and i timed it) 6 mins to load the default 192.168.1.1 page!

i dont have much as im repairing my roof after a natural disaster.. but im looking on deals for now.
Sponsor
danielwritesback
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try a new (or used) DC power cord. It has a built in regulator, so 9v, 12v, 14v, 15v, or even the car works fine.

After giving it good power, try that reset procedure again. If it had an older version of dd-wrt, that may take a few tries. If you can get to the menu, 6 minutes and all, try restore to factory defaults aka nvram erase. After that, you may try to flash dd-wrt back onto it (same version will do, or a favored version, but not the newest). 33525 is good.

If that doesn't do it, all vintage equipment has to have a re-cap sooner or later. It is more common with stereos.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Search & Find, Sales & Offers All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: