wifi doesn't work anymore after lan / waln separation proced

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
frylex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 15:40    Post subject: wifi doesn't work anymore after lan / waln separation proced Reply with quote
Hi dd-wrt forum, hi comunity,

I'm Gianfranco, I'll try to be as more clear as I can

situaion at the beginning:

1 adsl modem router netgear dg834n that work normally like a modem router
ip address 192.168.0.1

1 router tp-link wr741nd v4.22 mounting dd-wrt v24 that recieve internet to its wan port from the netgear modem
lan ip address 192.168.1.1
wlan ip adress it should be 192.168.2.1

My goal was to create an hotspot with worldspot.com , i tried and it worked perfectly, the only problem was that the tp-link worked like an hotspot also on LAN ports
So, before to set the hotspot again, i decided to follow the guide on the site (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Separate_LAN_and_WLAN) to separate wlan and lan
(just to be sure that everything would have worked i resetted the router to the initial dd-wrt firmware settings before to follow the guide)
I post the screenshots of what i did

Now unfortunatly the tp-link works only on lan ports, and when i try to connect whatever device with wifi it dosen't work. it get a wrong ip like 169.254.253.108.
the strange thing is that if i try to set manually the ip address on device (my pc), in this case 192.168.2.2, the subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and the gateway 192.168.2.1, it works, but, in this way, the only thing i can do is to go on the tp-link router page (192.168.1.1), but there is no internet.

As you probably understood i'm not so skilled with these things, can someone help me?

additional info:
I don't know if it is important, but since i did the flashing dd-wrt firmware, the tp-link LAN led don't work anymore.

Thank you and i'm really really sorry for my english. (I'm Italian)
Sponsor
frylex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 16:04    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote
I fixed a part of the problem. I made a mistake in the step 2 of the guide:
Quote:
Step 2: Add DHCP for the unbridged WLAN interface
Press the Add button in the Multiple DHCP Server section.
Select br1 in the left drop down menu that appeared.
Press the Apply Settings button to finish enabling the DHCP server for the wireless interface.

If DHCP is disabled on your main LAN in Basic Setup, then the Multiple DHCP method above will not work. Instead you will need to use Additional DNSMasq Options.
Go to the Services tab and find the DNSMasq section. Make sure that DNSMasq is Enabled. Adjust the following options to fit your environment (omit the comment lines starting with '#') and them to the Additional DNSMasq Options text area.
# Enables DHCP on br1
interface=br1
# Set the default gateway for br1 clients
dhcp-option=br1,3,192.168.2.1
# Set the DHCP range and default lease time of 24 hours for br1 clients
dhcp-range=br1,192.168.2.100,192.168.2.150,255.255.255.0,24h

now wifi works, but there is not internet. The only thing I can do is go on the tp-link router page 192.168.1.1.
frylex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 16:30    Post subject: 2 update Reply with quote
guys i'm sorry to have bother you, but i solved.

with this 2 script everything now works:

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `get_wanface` -j SNAT --to `nvram get wan_ipaddr`

iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: