New Rocket M2?

ab0tj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 22:58    Post subject: New Rocket M2? Reply with quote
I got a Rocket M2 just last week. Ubiquiti has made some changes to the new Rockets to prevent the use of out-of-band frequencies. I have two questions:

I am trying to install dd-wrt on this. When I TFTP the bin file to the router, it seems to never come back up. Can not access it over ethernet, and no dd-wrt access point shows up on nearby laptops. I can TFTP the stock firmware to the device and it works fine. What do I need to try next?

Also, if I finally do get it working, has anyone got these new Rockets to transmit out of band with dd-wrt? I am licensed for those frequencies.
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
what means "out of band" exactly

and read:

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Out of band, as in not the normal WiFi channels. The FCC says it's OK to modify part 15 devices such as this to use under a part 97 license.

And yes, I read those, but I still get no indication that dd-wrt is actually booting on this thing. Even after a "30-30-30" reset, and trying multiple different firmwares that should work. I can get OpenWRT to boot but it does not recognize the wireless chip.

I guess what I'm really asking for, is if anyone else has had any success using superchannel or even dd-wrt itself on this new version of the Rocket M2.

Thanks,
Alex
ab0tj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK I got it installed. Still looking for an answer on superchannel, I don't want to invest the money into licenses if I'm going to be right back where I started. Is there maybe a superchannel trial?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: