Clean JFFS won't save? how to save programs permanently?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Cheval
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 22:48    Post subject: Clean JFFS won't save? how to save programs permanently? Reply with quote
I'm having a couple of problems here. First off, Firmware: DD-WRT v23 SP1 Final (05/16/06) std on CGN5 wrt54gs v3.

problem #1 I was trying to get the wiviz tutorial to work here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wiviz

and it says to "First enable jffs2, and clean jffs2" well, clean jffs2 won't work. I click the radio button for it, save the page, it seems fine then everything disconnects from the router and when it all comes back up clean jffs2 is off. I've tried and tried and can't get it to hold. is this important and, if so, how can i make it stick? BTW, i got wiviz to work anyway which brings me to problem #2....

How do you enable a program installed on here to stay here for good? the ipkg wiki page says to install in "root (the flash partition at /jffs)" and that's what i did. It says installing to ram means it will be gone next reboot. Thus I made sure to install to root by doing ipkg -d root install "pkg name" when installing things. I had snort, wiviz and kismet (in process of getting snort and kismet to work). had storms today so i shut down everything and unplugged them. I turned it all back on and now /jffs consists only of /jffs/tmp and jffs/tmp/ipkg and that's it. everything else that was there is gone. what am i missing here??? Crying or Very sad

Thanks !
Sponsor
stephen
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
IMHO saving "clean jffs" will reboot the router, and clean the jffs space on the fly.
Did you check your jffs space after the "mysterious disconnect" (ssh, then df)?

You don't want this setting to be preserved over reboots...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: