From Wive-NG to DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
iVitor
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:21    Post subject: From Wive-NG to DD-WRT Reply with quote
Just to be on the safe side, what is the recommended procedure to go from Wive-NG to DD-WRT?
(Router is Buffalo WHR-G300Nv1)
Sponsor
iVitor
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to say that, due to the little time I had left for the task, I have already managed to put DD-WRT back into my router.
The solution is easy, just replicate the initial flash procedure.

You do not need to worry about setting the right network ranges within Wive, those are irrelevant for the method, all you have to do is:
1) Remove the power from your router
2) Setup your network card to 192.168.11.2/255.255.255.0
3) Have a TFTP server running on your computer with the firmware.ram file on the root (make sure the computer firewall is allowing the connection)
4) Restore the power to the router

The router will automatically load the firmware.ram and it will start flashing (the red light will keep blinking during the flash process, it will take a while)
IMPORTANT: You need to make sure that, when the router automatically reboots after flashing (the red light becomes solid) you need to *not* have the TFTP server running, otherwise the restore process will just repeat itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: