Cisco Linksys E1200 Rev1.0 and dd-wrt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
s32ialx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:59    Post subject: Cisco Linksys E1200 Rev1.0 and dd-wrt Reply with quote
Hey Just wondering if the e1200 is currently a WIP or just not going to be done? I've found out a lot of info that leads to it being supported but I guess just not developed yet? so to help you out and put all the info I found together

FCC ID + Page: Q87-E1200
Broadcom Chip: Broadcom BCM5357 /300MHz
Flash Chip: Macronix MX25L3206E /4MB
RAM Chip: W9425GJH-5 /32MB
Image Hi-Res
(If need a better one I might VOID warranty to obtain if it will produce a FW sooner):

Now the CFE via JTAG... and business be in we should

To my point what can I do to make it go faster because so far I'm Loving this router... I do not have a jtag connector so I cannot help that way but I'd gladly help out where I can any area.
Sponsor
s32ialx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't do anything else to help unless i have a jtag cable to get the CFE? is there any other way to get it... with out someone else providing it online.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
You will need serial. You need to capture to boot which will have the chip layout as well as other needed information.

I don't think jtag will work on that router just yet.

You can also use serial to dump the data (cfe, nvram, wholeflash, etc).

Linksys stripped out a bunch of needed commands in both the cfe and busybox on the 3200. Prolly to make porting it not so easy.

Just a guess but I'll bet they stripped the commands from that router too.

I'm not gonna say how it was circumvented. I think Cisco / Linksys watches this forum and are either laughing or crying.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
You will need serial. You need to capture to boot which will have the chip layout as well as other needed information.

I don't think jtag will work on that router just yet.

You can also use serial to dump the data (cfe, nvram, wholeflash, etc).

Linksys stripped out a bunch of needed commands in both the cfe and busybox on the 3200. Prolly to make porting it not so easy.

Just a guess but I'll bet they stripped the commands from that router too.

I'm not gonna say how it was circumvented. I think Cisco / Linksys watches this forum and are either laughing or crying.

so basically I have a waiting game unless I can make a serial connector to rip the cfe, nvram, wholeflash, etc? if I can do it I have a spare serial cable from an old APC of mine that finally died what else would I need to do it? maybe you could inbox me?

I'm fairly confident I can do it since I've been tinkering on PC's since I was 10 with an old 486DX 16MB RAM 500MB HDD lol and now I'm 26 and have a few Certs behind me.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
s32ialx wrote:

so basically I have a waiting game unless I can make a serial connector to rip the cfe, nvram, wholeflash, etc? if I can do it I have a spare serial cable from an old APC of mine that finally died what else would I need to do it? maybe you could inbox me?

I'm fairly confident I can do it since I've been tinkering on PC's since I was 10 with an old 486DX 16MB RAM 500MB HDD lol and now I'm 26 and have a few Certs behind me.

I don't know what you mean by "waiting game".

The actual right way of getting a router ported is to donate one to the devs or start a collection so they can purchase one.

I lieu of a donated router, the devs need a boot log, the cfe and nvram partitions. This assumes they have both the time and ambition to port the router.

If they decide to tackle the project, if you are supplying the data, it is also your responsibility to test the builds and report what you see and how the router behaves.

You will need to hunt for the gpio's for the led operations and work with vlans to make sure the ports are numbered right. When flashing and testing the alpha builds, you also need to capture all of the output so the devs can see what adjustments to the code is needed.

You also need the ability to recover the router incase an alpha build bricks it which is typical for the first few attempts.

It is not as difficult as I may be making it sound. But there is much more to it than just giving the devs a data dump.

BTW.. The APC serial cable you reference will not help you. You need a 3.3v ttl adapter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok thanks for the info.... maybe i can donate one in if I happen to be able to get 2 Razz
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
s32ialx wrote:
ok thanks for the info.... maybe i can donate one in if I happen to be able to get 2 Razz

I was'nt trying to discourage you. Dicking with these routers at the highest level is all the fun. How many times does looking at the traff data graph on your router satisfy the itch?

I just wanted you to be aware there is a little more to it than giving the devs a data dump. It is fun and you will learn a lot.

I'm still an complete idiot, but now I know just enough to be a complete dangerous idiot.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
right! I love my DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/18/09) mega firmware on my wrt54gs rev1 all the features are phenomenal
s32ialx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry to bring up a dead topic but look what is supported now ^-^ Huzzah! http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E1200

hehe I guess me getting an e2000 new for :\ $80 and a second e2000 used for $10 and using them until today I did a stupid mistake and bricked... I needed to update from a 14xxx build to at least build 16785 before I jumped up to 23204... Which I had no idea way to not RTFM -.- ... basically playing the waiting game ended up in a bonus.

so at least until i can get a serial cable to get it fixed... or make one a good tutorial would be appreciated anyone. I can flash my e1200 now with dd-wrt and actually make a a semi decent low end router

Since it has the same amount of ram at my e2000 w/ 32MB just only a 4MB Flash... although they made a rev2 with 8MB Flash wish i had that one...

but the e1200 only has a 300MHz cpu while the e2000 utilizes a whopping 354MHz xD

but my biggest downfall is the loss of 4x Gigabit ports and I'm pretty sure the WAN was a gigabit port as well on my e2000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: