Wierd problem with iptables

haydude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 18:47    Post subject: Wierd problem with iptables Reply with quote
Hi All,

I have successfully built a firmware for a WRT54GS out of DD-WRT-SP1 Final and also DD-WRTSP3 sources. However in both cases the "iptables" executable does not work, and, no matter in which way I call it, I always get the following error:

# ./iptables -L
iptables: match `layer7' already registered.

If I replace the "iptables" executable in my build with an executable taken from one of the DD-WRT firmwares (I extract it using "extract_firmware.sh") than, "iptables" works as expected. Therefore there must be something wrong with the way it is built.

Has anyone bumped into this issue and has found a solution for it?

Thank you in advance,
HD
Sponsor
cyberde
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why do you use ./iptables instead of just iptables?

Donater
haydude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
cyberde wrote:
Why do you use ./iptables instead of just iptables?

Because after the first three or four times when I reflashed the router with the firmware I built containing a bad "iptables", I built a firmware getting a good "iptables" from a dd-wrt built firmware, than I built iptables again several times, using several different parameters, and also different compilers. Instead of each time re-building a new firmware and re-flashing the router, I copied the executable in a directory mounted with samba share and executed it from there with ./iptables.

When I used "iptables" extracted from a dd-wrt distributed firmware it worked, none of the executables that I have built worked.

The odd thing is that everything else seems to work just fine.

Guys, I need your help here, could anyone come back to me explaining how to build iptables successfully? Nedless to say that I have followed litterally the instructions in the wiki.

HD
haydude
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 19:47    Post subject: Brainslayer? Reply with quote
Could Brainslayer give me a clue on this matter?
kissiel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hallo.

Anybody has solved this problem?
I'm trying to compile DD-WRT-rev3934 - everything compiles properly, but when I'll upload the firmware and try to use iptables over telnet, I get the same error as haydude:
iptables: match `layer7' already registered.
It woildn't be a big problem, but internet line sharing is not working because of this.

Disabling layer7 was successfull, but I want to use it with my DD-WRT.

Anybody solved this problem finally?

Navigation

Jump to: