May have bricked my wrt54g?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
tabmow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 19:04    Post subject: May have bricked my wrt54g? Reply with quote
So I just tried to install dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic on to my router. I followed the hardware specific directions and everything went pretty well. After the firmware was done upgrading it said it was successful and I pressed continue. At that time a log-in window popped up and I did a hard reboot "30-30-30".

After the upgrade was done before I did the reboot I did have a connection to the internet. After I did the reboot I can not get a connection. I tried rebooting a few times. I tried the Linksys factory disc I also tried automatic setup "plug in modem, plug in router, turn on comp" which is how I setup the router in the first place. After all this still nothing. This is my first time trying to install dd-wrt and any help I could get would be awesome.

The router I am using is a Linksys wrt54g V1.1. the build is "v24 presp2 [Beta] Build 13064 (recommended)". When I tried to ping the router I pluged the router into power and then one connection from the router to my computer. I then ran a ping "ping -t 192.168.1.1" and have the results ttl= 64.

Last edited by tabmow on Mon Jun 13, 2011 22:23; edited 3 times in total
Sponsor
tabmow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
bump....No ones got any ideas?
CoreyB.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you go to http://192.168.1.1/ and does it show the dd-wrt info page?
tabmow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Negative. I cant go to 192.168.1.1 because I have no connection. When I have try it just times out and says that connection could not be made. I tried flashing to linksys firmware using the tftp method and it said update was successful but im still unable to do anything.
ReadtheAnnouncements!
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Start by reading the forum announcements. Much important information is missing from your post, making it impossible to assist in any meaningful way. That is also why you got no useful responses to your post. Make sure you set a static IP on your computer.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=54845
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043
(We'll wait....!) Wink
tabmow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have read the announcements and updated my original post with the router model and version I am using. I think my post should now be gtg.

My router is a linksys wrt54g V1.1
tabmow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
BUMP.....Did I forget something else? I dont even want this dd-wrt firmware anymore. Can someone help me get oem Linksys firmware on it?
PrimPast
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
tabmow wrote:
BUMP.....Did I forget something else? I dont even want this dd-wrt firmware anymore. Can someone help me get oem Linksys firmware on it?

You never stated your dd-wrt build, which could be the entire source of the problem. Also, try a different computer with a different cable. See number 3, 4, 6, 7 and 11 of the peacock announcement. Read more carefully.
tabmow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
the firmware I tried to install was dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic like i said in my original post, and the build is "v24 presp2 [Beta] Build 13064 (recommended)". When I tried to ping the router I pluged the router into power and then one connection from the router to my computer. I then ran a ping "ping -t 192.168.1.1" and have the results ttl= 64.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
tabmow wrote:
the firmware I tried to install was dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic like i said in my original post, and the build is "v24 presp2 [Beta] Build 13064 (recommended)". When I tried to ping the router I pluged the router into power and then one connection from the router to my computer. I then ran a ping "ping -t 192.168.1.1" and have the results ttl= 64.

We will not even discuss the build you have flashed (recommended).

if you are getting a ttl=64 when you ping the router, clear your browsers cache & cookies, then access the router.

you will be greeted with the routers gui. I also believe the G v1.1 should be running a vint build.

ttl=100 means that the router is waiting for firmware. ttl=64 means that there is firmware running. ttl=64 could also mean that you will see a management mode screen if a flash failed.

cuz you saw the gui once, then did a reset and ttl=64, I believe clearing your browsers cache & cookies will clear things up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
tabmow wrote:

We will not even discuss the build you have flashed (recommended).

if you are getting a ttl=64 when you ping the router, clear your browsers cache & cookies, then access the router.

you will be greeted with the routers gui. I also believe the G v1.1 should be running a vint build.

ttl=100 means that the router is waiting for firmware. ttl=64 means that there is firmware running. ttl=64 could also mean that you will see a management mode screen if a flash failed.

cuz you saw the gui once, then did a reset and ttl=64, I believe clearing your browsers cache & cookies will clear things up.

See thats my problem. When I try to access the gui but going to 192.168.1.1 I can because I am not connected to the internet. When I type in the ip and hit enter it say page could not be loaded cause a network connection could not be made. I am using and old pos router to get internet to post this.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
tabmow wrote:
See thats my problem. When I try to access the gui but going to 192.168.1.1 I can because I am not connected to the internet. When I type in the ip and hit enter it say page could not be loaded cause a network connection could not be made. I am using and old pos router to get internet to post this.

Ok.. I am really confused.. can you yes or can you no access the routers gui or is your problem you can not get a wan connection and have access to the internet?

if...... you can access the routers gui and have no access to the internet, then re-read the peacock announcement as well as the firmware recommendation announcement. Once you realize you are running the worst build for broadcom, clear that up and post back. Also state your wan connection type if you need to post back.

if you can not access the routers gui, I still recommend clearing your browsers cache & cookies.. maybe set a static ip on your rig. ttl=64 means something is running on your router.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not able to access the gui and I am unable to get a connection to the internet. If I am running the worst build I can why was it labled as recommended in the hardware specific install directions? I'm also confused Confused
tabmow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Bump....From the little that I know about this I am pretty sure my router isn't bricked. I just need help getting connected to the internet so I can access the gui.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
you should not need an internet connection to connect to the router unless you are remoting into it via the wan.

connect one of the routers lan ports directly to the nic on your computer. reboot the computer. your computer should receive a lan ip via the routers dhcp server.

Navigation

Jump to: