[SOLVED-INCOMPATIBLE] D-Link DIR-600 rev B5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
johny97101
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 17:36    Post subject: I'm interested too Reply with quote
I'm interested too, any developement for Dir600 rev B5? Arrow
Sponsor
tommy1735
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 17 Feb 2014
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
any news for B5? got today the same :/
lelekx
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's disappointing there is no DD-WRT support for DIR-600 rev. B5. D-Link's DIR-610 rev. A1 seems to be the same hardware, and OpenWRT has full support for the device. Uploading the image into DIR-600 B5 is a bit tricky, but it's working flawless then.

I can't wait to get DD-WRT into the router.
lelekx
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's disappointing there is no DD-WRT support for DIR-600 rev. B5. D-Link's DIR-610 rev. A1 seems to be the same hardware, and OpenWRT has full support for the device. Uploading the image into DIR-600 B5 is a bit tricky, but it's working flawless then.

I can't wait to get DD-WRT into the router.
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1889
Location: Hung Hom, Hong Kong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
mwchang wrote:
Official firmware 2.16B has been release!!!

ftp://ftp.dlink.cz/dir/dir-600/driver_software/DIR-600_fw_revB5_2-16B02_all_en_20130422.zip

OK, new FTP server for DIR-600 B05 firmware:
ftp://ftp.dlink.eu/Products/dir/dir-600/driver_software/

Latest version is DIR-600_fw_revb5_2-16b05_all_en_20130527.zip!

I guess DD-WRT will never support it.... Smile
MasterX1987
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello Guys,
after hard working i have it done, who installing openwrt on my Dlink DIR600 B5, without connect it to Serial Port ... Very Happy
Now what you are required for this?
1. You need to download this Files:
|-> My build of Original Firmware (mirror: https://mega.nz/#!vYpw0LzS!NY8EqM9FY9-GrWnaPTdggV5Va1R1SLKSJczyK2SS-W8)
|-> openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-initramfs-uImage.bin : https://mega.co.nz/#!7RBCULZR!WNX_LeDV-tN_8D_necmAKiZJqr3VsEwajseAjiiiOz0
|-> openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin : https://mega.co.nz/#!jAIjUCJZ!WF-dSaDeVmKwjdB8whX6mkAC-bgu2LPBnCT1tUNJiMo
2. You need a local Webhost to download a part of Firmware to your Dlink.
3. You have an NFS-Server online (to make it easier flash first part of Firmware...)
Now thats it!

[ For the background: I had compiled my own firmware.bin form the Original Source Code from the Dlink Server. (GPL Source v2.17)
In this case I have build it with busybox v1.19.1 with any more functions in it. Inc. the telnetd daemon you need to get burn the uloader.img to the router...
The telnetd daemon is available on the Port 2323 and you don't need any login data!)

( This configure I used: )
|-> 192.168.0.1 ==> Router IP (@ first part of flash)
|-> 192.168.0.2 ==> My Client PC (@ first part of flash)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
|-> 192.168.1.1 ==> Router IP (in sec. part)
|-> 192.168.1.2 ==> My Client PC (in sec. part)
==========================================
My NFS-Server + Webhost Folder is: /var/www .In there is a Subfolder who called dlink, witch the openwrt.img's are copied into it...
($ cp openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-initramfs-uImage.bin /var/www/dlink/
[ ! Don't forget the right chmod + chown ! ]
$ sudo chown -R nobody:nogroup /var/www/dlink && sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www/dlink )

So when you finished all downloads and maked your Server Live, you are ready to bring it On:
1. Flash MyBuild Frimware (dir600b_v2.17_bbox-v1.19.1.bin) to device. (You can use the emergency room or the normal Upload Site from the router...)
2. After the Router is rebooted you can connect via telnet to your device:
$ telnet 192.168.0.1 2323
3. When you connected you need to upload the uImage.bin to device. (Via wget | tftp | ftp get/put | nfs-mount ...)
In this case I used nfs-mount to flash it:
$ mount -o nolock -t nfs 192.168.0.2:/var/www /home
$ cd /home/dlink
$ busybox flash_unlock /dev/mtd/2 # don't use /dev/mtdblock/2, this is the wrong path to flash!
$ busybox flashcp openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-initramfs-uImage.bin /dev/mtd/2
# Now don't turn off device or you get a brick! .... After 1-2 min the Command are finished. You see it when a new Line are displayed. ( e.g. $ )
$ reboot -f # Now Reboot ...
After that the Power LED goes On, then Off, then blinking 5-10 sec... In that time when its blinking the LED for the first LAN should me lights UP. (... e.g. Your PC is connect to it ... ^^)
Now at the end of booting device the Power+LAN1 Lights are ON.
4. Then the Openwrt Web Interface are available @ 192.168.1.1 . Your PC you gived the IP: 192.168.1.2 .
You can now flash the openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin Firmware to Device... !
After the next Reboot, IT DONE !!!!

Now Have fun with the Next Generation Firmware: Openwrt Very Happy

(Sorry for my bad English but iam from Germany and iam really dump in English session @ School ^^)
So have a nice time ...
MFG Master X

Mod edit 10.27.23: Fixed Mega links - kp69
Bunjiro
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 25 Aug 2015
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
MasterX1987 wrote:
Hello Guys,
after hard working i have it done, who installing openwrt on my Dlink DIR600 B5, without connect it to Serial Port ... Very Happy
Now what you are required for this?
1. You need to download this Files:
|-> My build of Original Firmware (mirror: https://mega.nz/#!vYpw0LzS!NY8EqM9FY9-GrWnaPTdggV5Va1R1SLKSJczyK2SS-W8)
|-> openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-initramfs-uImage.bin : https://mega.co.nz/#!7RBCULZR!WNX_LeDV-tN_8D_necmAKiZJqr3VsEwajseAjiiiOz0
|-> openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin : https://mega.co.nz/#!jAIjUCJZ!WF-dSaDeVmKwjdB8whX6mkAC-bgu2LPBnCT1tUNJiMo
2. You need a local Webhost to download a part of Firmware to your Dlink.
3. You have an NFS-Server online (to make it easier flash first part of Firmware...)
Now thats it!

[ For the background: I had compiled my own firmware.bin form the Original Source Code from the Dlink Server. (GPL Source v2.17)
In this case I have build it with busybox v1.19.1 with any more functions in it. Inc. the telnetd daemon you need to get burn the uloader.img to the router...
The telnetd daemon is available on the Port 2323 and you don't need any login data!)

( This configure I used: )
|-> 192.168.0.1 ==> Router IP (@ first part of flash)
|-> 192.168.0.2 ==> My Client PC (@ first part of flash)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
|-> 192.168.1.1 ==> Router IP (in sec. part)
|-> 192.168.1.2 ==> My Client PC (in sec. part)
==========================================
My NFS-Server + Webhost Folder is: /var/www .In there is a Subfolder who called dlink, witch the openwrt.img's are copied into it...
($ cp openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-initramfs-uImage.bin /var/www/dlink/
[ ! Don't forget the right chmod + chown ! ]
$ sudo chown -R nobody:nogroup /var/www/dlink && sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www/dlink )

So when you finished all downloads and maked your Server Live, you are ready to bring it On:
1. Flash MyBuild Frimware (dir600b_v2.17_bbox-v1.19.1.bin) to device. (You can use the emergency room or the normal Upload Site from the router...)
2. After the Router is rebooted you can connect via telnet to your device:
$ telnet 192.168.0.1 2323
3. When you connected you need to upload the uImage.bin to device. (Via wget | tftp | ftp get/put | nfs-mount ...)
In this case I used nfs-mount to flash it:
$ mount -o nolock -t nfs 192.168.0.2:/var/www /home
$ cd /home/dlink
$ busybox flash_unlock /dev/mtd/2 # don't use /dev/mtdblock/2, this is the wrong path to flash!
$ busybox flashcp openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-initramfs-uImage.bin /dev/mtd/2
# Now don't turn off device or you get a brick! .... After 1-2 min the Command are finished. You see it when a new Line are displayed. ( e.g. $ )
$ reboot -f # Now Reboot ...
After that the Power LED goes On, then Off, then blinking 5-10 sec... In that time when its blinking the LED for the first LAN should me lights UP. (... e.g. Your PC is connect to it ... ^^)
Now at the end of booting device the Power+LAN1 Lights are ON.
4. Then the Openwrt Web Interface are available @ 192.168.1.1 . Your PC you gived the IP: 192.168.1.2 .
You can now flash the openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin Firmware to Device... !
After the next Reboot, IT DONE !!!!

Now Have fun with the Next Generation Firmware: Openwrt Very Happy

(Sorry for my bad English but iam from Germany and iam really dump in English session @ School ^^)
So have a nice time ...
MFG Master X


Hi! Thank you so much for the above instructions! I tried them on my EU DIR-600 B5E but I am unable to telnet into the router after flashing your firmware. I have tried flashing "dir600b_v2.17_bbox-v1.19.1.bin", both through the normal web gui and through the emergency room web gui. After I flash it, the router does come up as 192.168.0.1, but port 2323 is not open for telnet access. The only open port according to a full tcp scan with nmap is port 53. Approximately 1-2 minutes after I flash dir600b_v2.17_bbox-v1.19.1.bin, the router stops responding at all. If I power cycle it, the web gui takes me to the dlink emergency room so I can restore the router. Do you have any ideas or advice on what might be the issue? Smile
Bunjiro
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 25 Aug 2015
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 20:35    Post subject: Got it working! Reply with quote
Alright, after some further troubleshooting I've gotten further:

1) I was unable to flash dir600b_v2.17_bbox-v1.19.1.bin through the web interface. This only brought me into the emergency room. Upon flashing it again in the emergency room, I was finally able to telnet into the device.

I have now flashed openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-initramfs-uImage.bin and have that succesfully working. However, I am unable to flash openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin. The one supplied fails to flash, and OpenWRT complains that the image type is invalid. "Image check 'platform_check_image' failed."

I tried downloading openwrt-ramips-rt305x-dir-610-a1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin from the OpenWRT site and flash that. It flashes, but semi-bricks the router. I had to boot while holding down the reset button to enter emergency mode and re-flash dir600b_v2.17_bbox-v1.19.1.bin and start over from that part of the guide.
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1889
Location: Hung Hom, Hong Kong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
MasterX1987 wrote:
Hello Guys,
after hard working i have it done, who installing openwrt on my Dlink DIR600 B5, without connect it to Serial Port ... Very Happy
Now what you are required for this?
.......
Now Have fun with the Next Generation Firmware: Openwrt Very Happy

Pardon my ignorance, it's way too complicated though interesting. I noticed the words "don't turn off device or you get a brick"... hardly encouraging for OpenWRT noobs like me.

That said, should we avoid D-Link routers in the future given the complication in using 3rd-party firmware? Is this a typical Ralink SoC problem?

_________________
Router: Asus RT-N18U (rev. A1)

Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper! May the Force and farces be with you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
Website: https://sites.google.com/site/changmw
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
GitHub: https://github.com/changmw/changmw
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1889
Location: Hung Hom, Hong Kong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:52    Post subject: Installing OpenWrt on D-Link DIR-600 Router B5 Reply with quote
The method used by MasterX1987 has been revised and is published in the following webpage:

http://diy.viktak.com/2016/02/installing-openwrt-on-d-link-dir-600.html

The 3 firmware mentioned are now available through Dropbox instead of Mega.

_________________
Router: Asus RT-N18U (rev. A1)

Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper! May the Force and farces be with you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
Website: https://sites.google.com/site/changmw
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
GitHub: https://github.com/changmw/changmw
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1889
Location: Hung Hom, Hong Kong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 14:23    Post subject: Official firmware 2.18 for DIR-600 rev B5 (24 Jul 2015) Reply with quote
Official firmware had been updated to 2.18, dated 24 Jul 2015!

http://www.dlink.com/al/sq/products/dir-600-wireless-n-150-home-router?revision=deu_revb5#downloads

Any luck with DD-WRT?

_________________
Router: Asus RT-N18U (rev. A1)

Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper! May the Force and farces be with you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
Website: https://sites.google.com/site/changmw
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
GitHub: https://github.com/changmw/changmw
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1889
Location: Hung Hom, Hong Kong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:24    Post subject: Re: Official firmware 2.18 for DIR-600 rev B5 (24 Jul 2015) Reply with quote
mwchang wrote:
Official firmware had been updated to 2.18, dated 24 Jul 2015!
http://www.dlink.com/al/sq/products/dir-600-wireless-n-150-home-router?revision=deu_revb5#downloads

Oh well, you might wanna roll back to older firmware with version earlier than 2.18:

NVD - CVE-2023-33625
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2023-33625

D-Link DIR-600 Hardware Version B5, Firmware Version 2.18...
CVE-2023-33625 · GitHub Advisory Database · GitHub
https://github.com/advisories/GHSA-7c33-g83c-7xcc

I don't think Dlink would patch this CVE-2023-33625 as the router is discontinued or end-of-life.

_________________
Router: Asus RT-N18U (rev. A1)

Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper! May the Force and farces be with you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
Website: https://sites.google.com/site/changmw
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
GitHub: https://github.com/changmw/changmw


Last edited by mwchang on Fri Oct 27, 2023 13:27; edited 4 times in total
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1889
Location: Hung Hom, Hong Kong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
mwchang wrote:
Official firmware 2.16B has been release!!!
ftp://ftp.dlink.cz/dir/dir-600/driver_software/DIR-600_fw_revB5_2-16B02_all_en_20130422.zip

mwchang wrote:
OK, new FTP server for DIR-600 B05 firmware:
ftp://ftp.dlink.eu/Products/dir/dir-600/driver_software/
Latest version is DIR-600_fw_revb5_2-16b05_all_en_20130527.zip!

As of today, both FTP servers above are no longer responding. You can try the following:

files.dlink.com.au - /products/DIR-600/
http://files.dlink.com.au/products/DIR-600/

ftp.dlink.de - (this one is different from the old FTP server)
https://ftp.dlink.de/dir/dir-600/

FTP Index:
https://www.mmnt.org/db/0/0/ftp.dlink.eu/Products/dir/dir-600/driver_software

_________________
Router: Asus RT-N18U (rev. A1)

Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper! May the Force and farces be with you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
Website: https://sites.google.com/site/changmw
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
GitHub: https://github.com/changmw/changmw
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 14497
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the necro-bump. Linked this thread in the device wiki and references sticky, fixed the Mega links in post(s) above. Also, to note, this device is probably supported (by older versions of) OpenWRT:

https://openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-300revb

https://openwrt.org/toh/hwdata/d-link/d-link_dir-600_b5e

It wouldn't take much to create patched OEM stock or (older) OpenWRT/LEDE firmware for this device, just have to invest the time, patience, and CPU cycles. GPL code tarball is in one of your links and OpenWRT has the bits required to explore rolling your own. Doubt that BS is interested in porting such an old device.

_________________
"Life is but a fleeting moment, a vapor that vanishes quickly; All is vanity"
Contribute To DD-WRT
Pogo - A minimal level of ability is expected and needed...
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
mwchang
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1889
Location: Hung Hom, Hong Kong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Thanks for the necro-bump. Linked this thread in the device wiki and references sticky, fixed the Mega links in post(s) above.

Thanks!! This is my backup router. The DD-WRT build 53763 in my Asus RT-N18U somehow crashed, still working on it. Smile
Quote:
Also, to note, this device is probably supported (by older versions of) OpenWRT

I noticed there was indeed an update about it in OpenWRT's device page. Thanks again.
Quote:
GPL code tarball is in one of your links and OpenWRT has the bits required to explore rolling your own. Doubt that BS is interested in porting such an old device.

I got the DIR-600_sw_revb_GPLcode.tar.gz (165Mbytes in size, one folder named rt3883.kernel-2.6.33) for the DIR-600. If BS wanna spend time on reading it... no... the router is too old and slow. Smile

But I think BS could diff it against the original 2.6.33 kernel source to extract useful information.

_________________
Router: Asus RT-N18U (rev. A1)

Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper! May the Force and farces be with you!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/changmanwai
Website: https://sites.google.com/site/changmw
SETI@Home profile: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/view_profile.php?userid=211832
GitHub: https://github.com/changmw/changmw
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum