Support for: TP-LINK Model: TP-WA801ND

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Fred-Bicycle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I too was looking forward to an access point I could buy (V5) and find the appropriate DD-WRT install. I have found it almost impossible to match what I can buy with what image is available. Usually what is available is several versions ahead and has less memory.

Totally NOT knocking the development, but the info available from sellers, it was only when I received my TP-Link WA801ND, saw the V5 on it and found that memory had gone from 32/4 to 64/8 that my interest in re-flashing was back.

OpenWRT have not issued a working image as far as I understand as V4 and V5 are listed as "snapshot" which seems to mean that it is still in development and it could possibly fail.

The snapshot install also appears to need some compiling which is probably beyond the average person without much Linux knowledge.

Apart from that TP-Link are being forced to sell kit which is hobbled (US FCC requirement) in that you can't re-flash, this has not hit the UK 801 yet as it seems V5 devices will work it first "recovered" via the tftp process.

Like many people I would be prepared to assist in some way, say providing an access point or router, just not quite sure if that is possible and if so how?

For the moment a stable V5 release does not look to be on the horizon.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 15:32    Post subject: Need help after flashing latest custom firmware Reply with quote
I flashed on my tp-link wa801ND v1, the latest firmware (v3 beta, build 40559) and now i can not flash any other firmware or to backup my settings, including the Webrevert to Stock.
Any ideas what is happening?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 16:46    Post subject: Re: Need help after flashing latest custom firmware Reply with quote
tolispap wrote:
I flashed on my tp-link wa801ND v1, the latest firmware (v3 beta, build 40559) and now i can not flash any other firmware or to backup my settings, including the Webrevert to Stock.

Besides that you obviously used the router database and not the forums to research what the latest build was and what may not be working for your device? That build is 5 weeks old:

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/

There are some TP-Link devices that are reporting issues, but I don't have a list of them, look in the forum build release threads...
tolispap
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 13:39    Post subject: Re: Need help after flashing latest custom firmware Reply with quote
When i flashed the fw it was the latest.
But i found the problem when i tried to revert to stock.
If anyone haves something specific, plz leave a reply.
kernel-panic69 wrote:
tolispap wrote:

Besides that you obviously used the router database and not the forums to research what the latest build was and what may not be working for your device? That build is 5 weeks old:

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2019/

There are some TP-Link devices that are reporting issues, but I don't have a list of them, look in the forum build release threads...
gdace
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 15:34    Post subject: It Works!!! Reply with quote
Now is Sep 2020, 5 years from the below post.

Long story short, I have old unused TL-WA801ND-v2, wondering if I could do wireless-bridge to my primary router linksys E900. Do it with stock firmware, failed multiple times dont know why, I have followed all the steps in the default TL GUI.

Then after few days googling, found this old thread.

Upgrade it using DD-WRT using the build version downloaded from @KrypteX below.

then follow the config instruction here--> "https://youtu.be/KE1mr-TXUPo"

alhamdulillah... it works!

thank you so much @KrypteX and @khmelnov

KrypteX wrote:
I've modified the header of the DD-WRT 28072 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WA901ND v3, so that it will flash on a TL-WA801ND v2 running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-28072 webflash build for TL-WA901ND v3.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached build myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.
Please only flash this build if you know how to unbrick it.
Der_Turl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 18:09    Post subject: TP-Link TL-WA801ND v2.1 Reply with quote
Sucessfully flashed with modified "factory-to-ddwrt_28072_WA801NDv2" by KrypteX

TL-WA801ND v2
=>
TP-Link TL-WA901ND v3 - with DD-WRT v3.0-r28072 std (11/02/15)
=>
TP-Link TL-WA901ND v3 - with DD-WRT v3.0-r44715 std (11/03/20)
=>
TP-Link TL-WA901ND v3 - with DD-WRT v3.0-r49599 std (07/30/22)
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please report in the build thread:

New Build - 07/30/2022 - r49599

Moderators, please lock this thread. It was opened to add device support, not be a one-stop shop.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 11
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: