Joined: 22 Feb 2007
|Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 0:40 Post subject: ASUS RT-N15 Flashing Procedure
|Very new to flashing router firmware with something other than normal firmware updates from the router manufacturer so I would just like some clarification on if I have everything right.
1. Log in to router
2. Reset to factory defaults
3. Update firmware with factory-to-ddwrt.trx
4. Connect to 192.168.1.1
5. Flash with asus-rt-n15-ddwrt-webflash.bin
6. Reset to defaults
7. Set up as usual
Another question is can this all be done with using the WebUI setup or will I have to use some other means of flashing this to DD-WRT?
Also for reverting back to the ASUS UI will these steps copied from the RT-N16 work for the N15 as well?
1. Download the latest ASUS firmware from Asus's site.
2. Rename the asus file from .trx to .bin
3. Go into the DD-WRT firmware upgrade page, set it to reset defaults, and select the ASUS firmware you renamed.
4. After the flash finishes, and you see the ASUS GUI, do a Factory Reset to clear the NVRAM.
Again all by using the WebUI setup?
I have updated firmwares in the past for Motherboards, DVD drives, Routers with manufacturer firmware updates only in the past but I understand this can be fairly tricky depending on the router model so I just wanted to be clear before attempting things.