E3000 with Firmware mod kit???

bodgybrothers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:21    Post subject: E3000 with Firmware mod kit??? Reply with quote
So guys and girls.. Whats the deal with using the firmware mod kit with the E3k firmwares?

If one extracts a E3K firmware, and rebuilds it, we get a bunch of bin files for WRT54 variants. I can only assume these are not usable firmware for the E3K?

I've searched for a good 4 hours and nothing talks about this mod kit with other firmwares.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks
Sponsor
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
After having just played with the binary firmware mod kit, I would have a guess that the generic build will work for yor E3000.

I have one of these too. I havent been game to run the kit on it, but a couple of hours ago, I managed to make a WNR3500L take some modded firmware

Buy a JTAG cable and let me know how you go Wink

Cheers
Chris
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you progressed with this, or are you still holding off ?

I have two of these I need to get some customisations on Shocked

/C
zgoldberg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using the firmware upgrade kit myself for an E3200. Managed to unpack and modify the firmware and create the images but the router doesn't seem to be taking them :/. Any attempt to upgrade the firmware via the web UI seems to be a noop -- it takes the firmware, router reboots, but doesn't seem to actually apply the changes.
vtphilk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any luck on this? I too was able to build but tried to apply the image it created and it just factory defaulted my E3000. I really would like to get my custom scripts into my E3000 ...please help!
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reading the Wiki and threads about this router, it is a little fussy as to what firmware it takes.

I run v15962 but I have to burn two other firmware versions before I can get that version to stick.

Are you trying to burn the same modded version ?

The E3000 needs an nv60k build. I guess we need to find out if the firmware mod kit supports this nv60k format.

Can anyone out there clarify ??

/C
mjeanne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16    Post subject: need help with my e3000 Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm also looking for a way to modify the firmware for my E3000.
I have 2 scripts to add. It should be "reset resistant" so I can't put thoses scripts using the webUI.

Does anyone have information about e3000 firmware and the firmware mod kit compatibility ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think the problem is noone on the forum wants us to be able to edit the firmware Sad. The firmware mod kit is not part of dd-wrt it was actually made by someone else I think...

I had problems years ago when I worked with it to get it working and now that I want to swap out some agin'g with E3000 i can't make them like you said "Reset resistant" Sad. Really sux..i don't want to go thru months of redevelopment of my scripts etc..just to get a dozen or so routers upgraded.
MrFidget
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone actually tried to mod an nv60 build with the FW mod kit ??

/C
mjeanne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 14:29    Post subject: Done ! Reply with quote
I've use the build of ddwrt to use to change from linksys to ddwrt (The name is dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_ftp-e3000.bin ). This release is compatible with the mod kit, but it's an "old" release of ddwrt. I'm now looking for the "know bugs" of this release.
Other new release are signed and cannot be used with the mod kit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool,

But have you tried an nv60k build, such as 15962 ? (which is a build that I have found to be quite stable and feature rich)

/C

Sorry for my coarse accent, I'm Australian Wink
vtphilk
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
So is there no way to use the mod kit on 16785? I've found that to be a pretty good load....

I guess I could try compile but that is usually such a pain and disaster. Wish someone made a virtual machine that had all the firmware compile requirements setup nice an easy!

I just want to put my 10 scripts in the load so it will survive a reset button press! Don't want to change any of the great dd-wrt features.

PS> Is there somewhere you can offer up a small $$ reward for getting stuff like this working? Has anyone ever queryed about the 'customization services'. Is it real expensive to do something like above?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: