Linksys E1000 v2.1

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
noknok79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 14:19    Post subject: Linksys E1000 v2.1 Reply with quote
anyone people?

most of the unit of E2000 is V2.1 can somebody build for this E1000 v2.1 unit?

feel free to reply.

Thanks in advance
Sponsor
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
you shouldn't be posting in more than one thread on this topic.

I deleted my response to your other post but..

Eko either needs the router, or needs each partition of the flash chip. The firmware or kernel partition can be obtained just by downloading it from the linksys site.

he would need the cfe dump as well as the nvram partition. Without a serial boot log, there may be other partitions present and these will be needed also.

If you are in the US.. you can send your router to me and I will gather the data and work with eko to get it ported. This assumes that eko has the time & desire to do this.

Or.. I will trade my V2 for your V2.1 if you wish. Then you have a working router, and I have the device to work with.

Or.. you can donate your router to eko.

Or.. you can sponsor a collection to purchase a router for eko.

Or.. you can obtain the necessary equipment to gather the data and work with eko (again, this assumes eko has the time and ambition to port this router)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
the bad thing is im from the Philippines, most of the unit of E1000 selling in our country is v2.1

I really do want to trade, but this is not possible in my currently location.

I am going to wait for the build. Thanks for the offer. Very Happy
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
noknok79 wrote:
barryware wrote:
you shouldn't be posting in more than one thread on this topic.

I deleted my response to your other post but..

Eko either needs the router, or needs each partition of the flash chip. The firmware or kernel partition can be obtained just by downloading it from the linksys site.

he would need the cfe dump as well as the nvram partition. Without a serial boot log, there may be other partitions present and these will be needed also.

If you are in the US.. you can send your router to me and I will gather the data and work with eko to get it ported. This assumes that eko has the time & desire to do this.

Or.. I will trade my V2 for your V2.1 if you wish. Then you have a working router, and I have the device to work with.

Or.. you can donate your router to eko.

Or.. you can sponsor a collection to purchase a router for eko.

Or.. you can obtain the necessary equipment to gather the data and work with eko (again, this assumes eko has the time and ambition to port this router)

the bad thing is im from the Philippines, most of the unit of E1000 selling in our country is v2.1

I really do want to trade, but this is not possible in my currently location.

I am going to wait for the build. Thanks for the offer. Very Happy

Maybe a US based V2.1 owner will see this thread..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess that not too much different from v2, so if I make test build, can you flash it? (And risk of bricking it)
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Eko..

Just for information.. The stock OEM firmware available for download @ the linksys site is the same file for the V2, or the V2.1 (ver 2.1.01 Build 5, 01/05/2011)

Just make me curious why the dd-wrt build for the V2 won't flash on the V2.1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 14:51    Post subject: Same Problem - E1000 V2.1 Reply with quote
Which FW is possible to install to get "Repeater" working ?
k2snauth
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
I guess that not too much different from v2, so if I make test build, can you flash it? (And risk of bricking it)

i have a v2.1 and would flash it with a test build
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
k2snauth wrote:
Eko wrote:

Make sure you have a way of recovering it if things go wrong at 1st. If you have the adapter for serial, you should dump the flash and let eko get a look at it.

If you don't have serial, you have no way of recovering the device.

Just say'in..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
k2snauth wrote:
Eko wrote:

Make sure you have a way of recovering it if things go wrong at 1st. If you have the adapter for serial, you should dump the flash and let eko get a look at it.

Just say'in..
don't have serial cable but will take the chance. however, i do need the cable to let eko look at the flash.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
k2snauth wrote:
barryware wrote:
k2snauth wrote:
Eko wrote:

Just say'in..
don't have serial cable but will take the chance. however, i do need the cable to let eko look at the flash.

Not to sound like a know it all.. But if the 1st build does not work, without serial you have no way to recover.. More important than that, you can not provide Eko with the needed serial output to determine what went wrong and what code change is needed.

I deleted all the captures but going by memory.. There were over 20 test builds (E1000 V2). Of which, all but the last 4 ~ 5 bricked the router.
However, that was uncharted territory. Eko believes only minor tweaking will be necessary to port the V2.1

Serial adapters are cheap (3 ~ 5 bucks). You really need to have one. It's worth it.. Helping & testing is fun Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
[quote="Eko"]
Quote:

hmm I dont have any other tools in order to revived my router.

can you just give walkthrough in order to make sure that this will work?
noknok79
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
any progress regarding built for E1000 v2.1?

thanks in advance.
k2snauth
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:
k2snauth wrote:
barryware wrote:
k2snauth wrote:
Eko wrote:

Just say'in..

Not to sound like a know it all.. But if the 1st build does not work, without serial you have no way to recover.. More important than that, you can not provide Eko with the needed serial output to determine what went wrong and what code change is needed.

I deleted all the captures but going by memory.. There were over 20 test builds (E1000 V2). Of which, all but the last 4 ~ 5 bricked the router.
However, that was uncharted territory. Eko believes only minor tweaking will be necessary to port the V2.1

Serial adapters are cheap (3 ~ 5 bucks). You really need to have one. It's worth it.. Helping & testing is fun Smile
hey barry read my post that said serial cable
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
k2snauth wrote:
barryware wrote:
k2snauth wrote:
barryware wrote:
k2snauth wrote:
Eko wrote:

Just say'in..

hey barry read my post that said serial cable

I don't understand what you are saying.. yes, you need a serial cable to dump the flash.

My offer still stands to trade someone my V2 (new, in box.. only used for the dd-wrt port, serial header, jtag header & heatsink installed) for a V2.1 (in mint condition).

Or.. Phuz~ ordered a refurb and maybe it will be a 2.1.

Navigation

Jump to: