WIKI: create account

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
marktabs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm just signing up for the Dynu DDNS service, so thought that your guide might be useful; unfortunately there are no images on the link - any chance that you can sort out the image hosting?

Cheers,

Mark
Sponsor
ptfnet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
just write to the shop team. they will create the wiki account 4 you if needed.

If new logins are disabled on the Wiki, I would suggest changing the locin/create page to say so. That would avoid wasting the time of folks who are trying to help. (I tried several browsers, disabling security add-ons, and various other tricks before locating this thread. I confess that I was about to give up. I'm suspect I'm not the first.)

There are several ways that the account creation process might be streamlined, though I don't have enough information to know what would really work for the shop team. (Feel free to contact me if there is interest; perhaps I can even help with implementation.) The simplest of these might be to add something like this to bottom of the login page:

* In an effort to minimize spam, we have disabled automated account creation for the Wiki. If you need a login, search for an article titled The Shop Team, and use the contact information there to request it. If you only want to suggest a change and move on, then search the forum for a thread entitled Wiki Suggestions and add a note there.
ptfnet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will attempt to find and contact the shop team. In the meantime, I wanted to mention that the hardware specific listings for ASUS
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hardware-specific#Asus

is out of date. Newer hardware is listed on the ASUS page itself
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus

Either the hardware-specific page needs to be updated, or the ASUS hardware list (and perhaps lists for other vendors as well) should be extracted into an include file to prevent this from happening in the future.
ptfnet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
ptfnet wrote:
If new logins are disabled on the Wiki, I would suggest changing the locin/create page to say so.

Oh -- and somewhere there is a page that says "If you find something wrong or confusing, please help." Perhaps that could be updated as well.
ptfnet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Perhaps this will save some time for the next person to read this thread:

This explains who to contact if you want to get a login to the Wiki:

https://secure.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89976

Plus, there are some brief notes to read here in the section "Contribute to the Documentation and Wiki":
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Index:Contribute#Contribute_to_the_Documentation_and_Wiki
bescritt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 17:16    Post subject: Keep Alive script for repeaters and clients Reply with quote
Could not reach anybody at info@dd-wrt.com.

Please post this to the wiki at:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Useful_Scripts#Automatic_Connection_Repair_.28always_on.sh.29

Code:

#!/bin/sh
# A startup script that rivals watchdog in repeater or client mode

# When used on a Linksys WRT310N v2 that repeats a dodgy AP,
#    we get 7+ day uptimes vs the 3-5h uptimes given by watchdog
# (tested with build 15940)
##################################################################

# After a successful ping, wait this long to check again.
# Recommend setting this to the time it takes to grab a cup of coffee

coffee=300

while true; do
   count=0
   until ping -c 2 -W 2 www.google.com; do
      # When we cannot get two consecutive pongs,
      #    then attempt to restore connection

if [ $count -eq 3 ]; then
         # If we have tried bouncing wland 3 times,
         #    then try rebooting the router

reboot
      fi

wland    # bounce wland
      sleep 45 # wait 45 seconds for association
      count=`expr $count + 1`
   done

sleep $coffee
done
bescritt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 17:34    Post subject: How to contact the shop team Reply with quote
No reply for several weeks after emailing info@dd-wrt.com.

However, after going to the project website and following the contact links, we get to a web form for contacting the team.

You will have to fill out a captcha to prove you are not a robot.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/contact

I got a reply in 24h.
majo83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there,

could you create an account for me. I'd change the articly about openvpn (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/OpenVPN ) myself if granted. If not, I'd like to propose the following changes:

In the point "4.1 Static Key" it should be mentioned that a static key does not work with server mode. Static keys can be used in daemon mode of the server only.

Furthermode, there is not documentation what server and daemon mode is. I'd like to add a paragraph like this:

Server Mode vs. daemon mode

In server mode, the openvpn server will allocate addresses to clients out of the given network/netmask. The server itself will take the ".1" address of the given network for use as the server-side endpoint of the local TUN/TAP interface. In daemon mode, the to be used ip addresses have to be supplied with the ifconfig command.

Regards,
majo83
rkitover
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 21:28    Post subject: update for 6rd script in ipv6 tutorial Reply with quote
Hi, I wanted to update the script for 6rd in the ipv6 tutorial here:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/IPv6#6rd

This is my (working) script, created using the existing script as well as http://www.litech.org/6rd/ .

This is for the Charter internet 6rd service, for other ISPs it should be sufficient to merely change the config at the top.

This was tested on:

DD-WRT v3.0-r30471 giga

on a Linksys EA6500v1 router.

10/10 score from test-ipv6.com (with DNS servers added to windows config.)

Code:

HOST6RD=6rd.charter.com
PREFIX=2602:100
ROUTER_LAN_IP=192.168.1.1

insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ipv6.ko 2>/dev/null
insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/net/ipv6/sit.ko 2>/dev/null

WANIP="$(ifconfig vlan2 | sed -n '/inet /{s/.*addr://;s/ .*//;p}')"
IP6RD=$(nslookup $HOST6RD 2>/dev/null | grep "Address" | awk '{ print $3 }'|\
        grep -v $ROUTER_LAN_IP)

if [ -n "$WANIP" ]; then
  V6PREFIX=$(printf $PREFIX':%02x%02x:%02x%02x' $(echo $WANIP | tr . ' '))
  ip tunnel add tun6rd mode sit local $WANIP ttl 255
  ip tunnel 6rd dev tun6rd 6rd-prefix $PREFIX::/32
  ip addr add $V6PREFIX::1/32 dev tun6rd
  ip addr add $V6PREFIX::1/64 dev br0
  ip link set tun6rd mtu 1280
  ip link set tun6rd up
  ip route add ::/0 via ::$IP6RD dev tun6rd

ip6tables -I FORWARD -s $V6PREFIX::1/64 -j ACCEPT

kill -HUP $(cat /var/run/radvd.pid) 2>/dev/null
fi

echo "\
interface br0 { \
  MinRtrAdvInterval 3; MaxRtrAdvInterval 10; AdvLinkMTU 1280;
  AdvSendAdvert on; \
  prefix $V6PREFIX::/64 {
    AdvOnLink on; AdvAutonomous on; AdvValidLifetime 86400; \
    AdvPreferredLifetime 86400; }; \
  };" \
> /tmp/radvd.conf

radvd -C /tmp/radvd.conf start

For Comcast, the config would be:

Code:

HOST6RD=6rd.comcast.net
PREFIX=2001:55c

of course for Comcast this should not be necessary because they support DHCPv6 with prefix delegation pretty much everywhere now.

In Setup -> IPV6 it should be set to "Native IPV6 from ISP" with all other fields blank/disabled.

Also please add a note that Windows clients cannot receive a DNS server using radvd, for this using dnsmasq to handle DHCPv6 can work as described here:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=290486
rkitover
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 13:53    Post subject: updated Charter 6rd config with dnsmasq Reply with quote
I posted my now fully working config here:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1060762#1060762
ruggb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 16:39    Post subject: Wiki RE bridging is confused Reply with quote
Please unconfuse me......or the wiki........

The Repeater Bridge wiki ---
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge
states......
"The limitation with standard bridging is that it only allows wired clients to connect to your secondary router. Wireless clients cannot connect to your secondary router configured as a standard bridge."
It goes on to say..........
"Repeater Bridge allows wireless AND wired clients to connect to a the Repeater Bridge router, and through that device wirelessly to a primary router. You can still use this mode if you only need to bridge wired clients; the extra wireless repeater capability comes along for free; however, you are not required to use it."
Does anyone else see the conflict there??????

"Standard" is undefined. Since there are 2 bridging modes (Client & Repeater) I am assuming "standard" refers to either mode set up as a bridge. THEREFORE, a Repeater Bridge cannot have wireless clients, but then the picture shows a wireless client.

Also note that there are instances of the use of "WIRELESS BRIDGE" which is followed by "(CLIENT BRIDGE)". Why add to the confusion by adding another undefined term instead of just writing "CLIENT BRIDGE"??

Also note above the extra "a" here, "connect to a the Repeater"

Also note that the title on the "CLIENT BRIDGED" wiki probably should be "CLIENT BRIDGE". Both terms are also used indiscriminately throughout the wiki.
ruggb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Part of the wiki confusion appears to be new vs old. My impressions are:
"WIRELESS BRIDGE" is old - so use should be "CLIENT BRIDGE (wireless bridge)" not reverse.
"CLIENT BRIDGED" is a lazy typo and should be changed to "CLIENT BRIDGE" in all instances. That is what the control panel says it is.
"STANDARD BRIDGE" is old - so use should be the same as Wireless Bridge as it seems to be the same things.

I would edit this all but I no longer have the appropriate account and can't create one.
ruggb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 18:28    Post subject: Error in GLOSSARY Reply with quote
There are plenty of errors here but this one is worth mentioning and fixing:
"WOL
(Wake-On-LAN)
Wake-on-LAN is an Ethernet computer networking standard that allows a shut-down computer to be booted remotely. .........."

A SHUT-DOWN computer will not WAKE. Shut-Down == dead, no power. It MUST be SLEEPING to WAKE.
ruggb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 19:28    Post subject: Another gross error Reply with quote
Repeater
While repeater is not a selection in the "Wireless Mode" drop-down menu,.........

This should be listed as "WDS Repeater". "Repeater" is obviously listed in the dropdown menu.

A REPEATER should also be listed and this description is not accurate for either, so both need to be rewritten.
ruggb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:17    Post subject: You can't there from here Reply with quote
IF you get to "Linking routers" by some miracle and you click on DD-WRT wiki mainpage at the top
"You are here: DD-WRT wiki mainpage / Linking Routers" it becomes impossible to get back to Linking routers by clicking on a link -- because it is not under DD-WRT wiki mainpage
It is DD-WRT wiki mainpage / Tutorials / Linking routers.

Ever wonder why people are confused?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: